Home

Drafted Players

This is a discussion on Drafted Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Drafted Players

Quick question, if you see the development trait when you go to player progression, will that tell you basically if they are players that are destined to be better than their initial rating? Conversely, if you don't see that will they only improve based on spending XP and upgrading their stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Drafted Players

the higher development traits (quick and superstar) result in that player gaining more xp points as opposed to normal or slow development. if you go into player progression and you don't see the development upgrade for 50,000 xp then that player is already superstar development. otherwise it will tell you what level development they are and what the next level is. quick and superstar development are really handy in building up players attributes.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Rookie

strghtcashhomey's Arena

OVR: 0

Along these lines...if you scout a storyline player's development early on in the season, does that basically tell his future storyline? Can the development change, and if so, will your scouting update?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

it can change. i specifically remember a thread on here where someone said they completely scouted a WR or RB whose attributes changed at the very end right before the draft because of his storyline. i think they said his speed ended up jumping up quite a bit
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Rookie

strghtcashhomey's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks! I though I remembered a thread asking the question but couldn't find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

So I drafted a LG that was an 80 right out of the hop, but you looked at his stats and he seemed way better than that, RB, PB, IB, Strength, 85+, most 90's and an 80ish awareness. But from year 1 to 2 he didn't improve, although I did up his consistency to 4. Does that mean this guy is at his ceiling? As an aside, he went from an 80-81 years 1-3. Didn't have the option of buying that trait for him. So was he as good as he was gonna be aside from XP upgrades?
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

no, he can certainly get better. superstar development doesn't mean they are as good as they are gonna be, it means they are going to be able to get better quicker than other players. did you go to player progression and see if there was an option to increase his development trait for 50,000 xp? maybe he's slow development. overall rating can depend on a lot of things as well. scheme, player type within that scheme, what attributes you're raising, etc.

Edit: after rereading what you said, if you were increasing his consistency then you probably spent a lot of xp on that, which doesn't necessarily reflect in a higher overall. it is an important trait though, and honestly it sounds like your LG is really good and his overall shouldnt worry you too much
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
Rookie

He was good, but I deleted that Offline CCM and am starting over with the latest roster update, although when I try to start an offline CCM the roster doesn't match when I load it.

Have another post about that. Only have the option to Use default CCM, Import my Madden, and Use downloaded connected career roster update, but the ratings don't match up.

Isaac Unga was his name, good player.

I like scouting and drafting, fun part of the game. And using XP to progress players, I think that's cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »