Home

MLB 13: The Show Official OS Longball Competition

This is a discussion on MLB 13: The Show Official OS Longball Competition within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
MLB 13: The Show Official OS Longball Competition

This was a great thread in The Show 12 and I think it's an appropriate time to open it up and get going again. (Credit to Jmik58 for creating this glorious competition) Here's the first post from the thread last year to help guys who don't know what this is understand:

Quote:
I thought it would be fun to share and keep a dynamic "scorecard" of the longest home runs hit in-game by fellow-O.S. members. No HR Derby shots; only in-game.

Also, provide a couple screenshots and/or video highlights for proof. I'm not 100% positive, but I was thinking the boxscore gamelog or other stat tracking locations may record the length of the home run, but don't quote me. Anyways, make sure you can back it up with visual proof.

EDIT: Don't worry about getting an image showing the distance. Just post a screenshot or video of the homerun and we'll go by the honor system on distance.

Sliders aren't something I'll get picky about. If you want to jack the power and contact all the way up, that's your thing. I'm in it for realism so I'm trying to find balance and try not to skew things with sliders. The point is to have fun with it.

I'll periodically update the "Scoreboard" as more guys launch qualifying shots.

What do you get if you make it on the board? Bragging rights of course...and a cheaply made certificate honoring your accomplishments. Crappy frame from Wal-Mart not included.

Let the fun begin...

Also, a helpful hint to everyone. As soon as you hit a HR that you think is a bomb, just press the "PS" button and scroll left to the Images/Take Screenshot option. Wait for a good moment and just snap the screenshot (hopefully showing the distance). Then it's just a simple transfer to a hard drive or flash drive and upload to the ol' internet and post it here. Good luck to everyone.
(I'll add categories to the scoreboard as necessary as I'm feeling lazy right now)

LEADERBOARD:

490 Club: fezzysspleen (Jose Bautista, 491') Thelegion902 (Kevin Youkillis, 490')

460 Club: franklubatti (Jose Bautista, 467') bosterchiper (Chip Dylewski, 464') vinny_pizza (Curtis Granderson, 462')

450 Club: franklubatti (Mike Trout, 459') Majingir (J.P. Arencibia, 458') tjhamstar (Tommy Hamill, 456') vinny_pizza (Aaron Hill, 455') RunningTheNight (Mike Morse, 454') Tecumseh_81 (Andrew Nichols, 453') gator3guy (Jimmy Rollins, 453') thomas2345 (Jose Bautista, 452') basketballer0385 (Matt Charles, 452') Madden's Jowels (Trey Griffey, 452') RnRexpress3423 (Edwin Encarnacion, 451')

440 Club: tjhamstar (Tommy Hamill, 449') sigurd (Jason Heyward, 448') soxin12 (Mike Napoli, 448') puckhogg11 (Chris Davis, 448') JHeyBraves (Jason Heyward, 448') tofubrain2 (Mike Morse, 445') tjhamstar (Tommy Hamill, 445') Sheamazin (Ike Davis, 444') RnRexpress3423 (Dustin Ackley: 443') Kccitystar (Chris Carter, 443') codyj123_321 (Dre Johnson, 441') nusie (Jeff Francoeur, 440')

430 Club: nascarfreak24ny (Josh Reddick, 439') COMMISSIONERHBK9 (Anthony Rizzo, 438') TGov (The Dude Lebowski, 434') Shaffer26 (Andrew McCutchen, 433') vinny_pizza (Vinny Boombatz, 432')

420 Club: vinny_pizza (CJ Pisano, 429') TheNumber35 (Prince Fielder, 428') Sheamazin (Colby Rasmus, 428) statdude (Ian Desmond, 428') Drakar (Drakar, 427') Patriots1996 (Jason Wyrick, 427') COMMISSIONERHBK9 (Kevin Youkillis, 421') Shaffer26 (Prince Fielder, 420')

410 Club: Legaci3 (David Wright, 418') jmik58 (Justin Morneau, 417') ratedmoney (Mark Teixiera, 412') statdude (AJ Pierzynski, 411')

400 Club Legaci3 (Joey Bats, 407') TGov (Will Middlebrooks, 403') COMMISSIONERHBK9 (Buster Posey, 401')

390 Club Legaci3 (Joey Bats, 393') statdude (Bryce Harper, 392')

380 Club statdude (Paul Goldschmidt, 387') Waitinfor28 (Chien-Ming Wang, 381')

370 Club: jmik58 (Joe Mauer, 376')

Wall Scraper Club: COMMISSIONERHBK9 (Alex Rodriguez, 349') jmik58 (Carlos Pena, 345') statdude (Yoneis Cespedes, 344') Shaffer26 (Pedro Alvarez, 340')

Last edited by TheNumber35; 05-14-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13: The Show Official OS Longball Competition

i want to do this, have some moonshots I wanna post. But the Show doesn't list Homer lengths in boxscores or game logs.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
i want to do this, have some moonshots I wanna post. But the Show doesn't list Homer lengths in boxscores or game logs.
Do they still do it on the homer highlight? They used to do that.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
Do they still do it on the homer highlight? They used to do that.
Not all replays have the length listed. A shame really.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Not all replays have the length listed. A shame really.
Well regardless, we'll do the best with what we have. You don't have to capture the distance for us, we do go on the honor system here. As long as it says it at some point (it also used to say it after the HR was over on a ticker underneath the scoreboard, haven't hit many homers yet in 13 so I cannot confirm if this is the case or not)

EDIT: Just hit one with Han-Ram, it didn't show on the replay however did show on the ticker I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by TheNumber35; 03-05-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Well here's my first entry into the thread. Exhibition game against the White Sox as the Dodgers. Han-Ram goes yard off Chris Sale

Didn't get a great shot of the hit itself, but the distance is here.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Legaci3's Arena

OVR: 1

love this thread cant wait to see some more bombs and also contribute!

GT: Ahh ToasTy
PSN: StraightOuttaDR
Old 03-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

oooh, wish I would have seen this sooner. Hit a 440 foot bomb with Encarnacion off of Johan Santana last night.

Will have the camera at the ready from now on!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »