Home

MLB 2K13 Bugs and Glitches

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Bugs and Glitches within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8
MLB 2K13 Bugs and Glitches

Can we please make this a sticky? Hopefully there will be a patch to address any issues that are documented in this year's edition.

I have noticed that the double-switch bug is back. When you switch out your pitcher for another fielder, they are initially set way out of position. For example, I switched in a first baseman for my pitcher and he showed up between the mound and home plate and I could see them from the pitcher's view.

If you go the defensive positioning view you can toggle between formations and it will put them in the right position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: MLB:2K13 Bugs and Issues

1. Commentators cant get anything right, there either talking about the wrong batter or the wrong game all together.

2. Cyberface is wrong. Robinson Cano looks like Derek Jeter in my career.

3. Injuries are broken. Once people go into the minors they are not being promoted back to the pros. Simed a year and the Tigers minor league team looked like a pro roster.

4. Random freeze issues.

5. Outfielder stumble into the walls which allows for triples and home runs.

I didn't buy 2K12 since this franchise has always been a dissapointment but I thought I really needed a baseball game this year and it turns out I payed $60 for MLB2k10 with sub par roster updates.

2K needs to take some pride in there games before releasing them.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 2K13 Bugs and Glitches

One issue rearing its ugly head BEFORE it was fixed in last year's patch is base runners retreating to their base on grounders and pop outs when there are TWO outs in the inning. Base runners should be running regardless when there are 2 outs in the inning. SIGH ... Let's hope that 2k intends to support this release with a patch or two to fix these quirks.

Frustrating.

BigBlue
Old 03-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
1. Commentators cant get anything right, there either talking about the wrong batter or the wrong game all together.

2. Cyberface is wrong. Robinson Cano looks like Derek Jeter in my career.

3. Injuries are broken. Once people go into the minors they are not being promoted back to the pros. Simed a year and the Tigers minor league team looked like a pro roster.

4. Random freeze issues.

5. Outfielder stumble into the walls which allows for triples and home runs.

I didn't buy 2K12 since this franchise has always been a dissapointment but I thought I really needed a baseball game this year and it turns out I payed $60 for MLB2k10 with sub par roster updates.

2K needs to take some pride in there games before releasing them.
Did you download the OS Roster from 2k share?

If so that's why your hearing wrong commentary.

That roster is a 2k12 roster ported over for 13 via the REDitor. Check the Roster Section for clarification

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Grrrr. I'm seeing the same baserunning issues that were patched last year. Base runners retreating to their bases, even if you command them to advance, before responding to the advance command. It's as if 2k builds from the previous 'unpatched' version of their title leaving in all of the glitches and bugs for us to complain about again.

BigBlue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

2k really needs too patch the outfield play in this game. This have been a problem since 2011.

1) the pursuit of the ball in the outfield needs too be fixed. On some plays it seems that the player is forced too run in a certain direction, even if I try too control him.
2) The jogging glitch is still there, it was very apparent in 2k12, and it's still sticking its ugly head in 2k13. By no means should any player in the outfield, just jog too the ball in the gap, or on any play. Whether he is the primary fielder or not. There should be much more urgency too get too the ball in the outfield by every player. I hope this can be patched, and not in the coding of the game.
3) The pause glitch is still there. Like last year, when a runner rounds third and heading home, when the ball is thrown from the outfielder too the cutoff man, the cutoff pauses for about a second and does that backward step. Allowing for inside the park home runs. The players should be more aware of the situation and fire the ball home if there is a chance too get the runner. I hope this can be patched and not in the code of the game.
4) There is a black square box that is blocking the defensive adjustments screen when u trying too make adjustments in the infield and outfield. I think this can be patched up.
5) The catcher flying out glitch is still there, when u do a bunt the catcher flys out and even if the ball is near the pitcher, the pitcher just jogs too the ball allowing the catcher too get it and throw too first, sometimes allowing runs too get there, when the pitcher should have gotten the ball.
6) The crowd is still not getting loud and reacting too the situations at the end of the game. The crowd still sits even if its the last at bat and either ahead or trailing in a game.
7) it seems that the ball coming off the bat is still forced or predetermined too a particular location on the field so that the fielder can snatch the ball. There should be more variety of location coming of the bat. How many times have I seen the infielder leap out and snatch the ball in the infield too get the out. Something doesn't feel right about that.

Those are my grips, there is a lot I like about the game. The outfield play is terrible in 2k13 as it was in 2k12. If they only had 3 months too really put in any effort of development time, it went into colors of uniforms, some updated portraits of players and the Astros. The gameplay issues of 2k12 is still there in 2k13. So if there is a patch around June or July, I hope they concentrate on these gameplay issues. I hope it isn't coding, but can be patched up. If the outfield play is beefed up and fixed, this game too me would be golden. Here's too hoping and I hope they get it right this year.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I downloaded the OS roster from 2K Share. Maybe that is why I am hearing the wrong names on certain players.

Ones that I have noticed:

Cole Hamels is being mentioned as Cliff Lee
Michael Young is being mentioned as Nelson Cruz.

Should I just download the latest official roster from 2K?
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

There seems to be issue with using 2K12 rosters in 2K13. I would avoid it for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »