Home

First Fight/Ejection!

This is a discussion on First Fight/Ejection! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
First Fight/Ejection!

Im playing with my Diamond Dynasty team against the Astros. I already hit one batter (by accident) and the 'Stros threw at my feet the next inning but did not hit me. The following inning I was going for a strikeout when I, again by accident, hit Justin Maxwell... He didnt like it very much...
the game jumped to a closeup cut scene of home plate with Maxwell yelling and pointing at my pitcher. Then my catcher got involved and Maxwell started to get physical and proceeded to charged the mound while Matt Vasgersian said "Oh here we go" anticipating the brawl...
It then cut to my bullpen telling me my pitcher was ejected...
Very fun scene and unexpected since I dont think I was ejected at all last year let alone involved in a physical altercation...

Anyone else see anything like this yet???

EDIT: Just realized Justin Maxwell was NOT ejected from the game and is on first base... very odd as he was the one to charge the mound...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: First Fight/Ejection!

Never seen this, and haven't been able to figure out how ejections can be on when no one ever gets ejected, or at least has for me(unless I try, like the game i played where I hit every batter just to see an ejection)!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Think I posted this back on the 14th or so? Cool to see someone else see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Anyone seen this yet?

Playing game one of a Dodgers chise trying to get my sliders dialed in before OSFM.

Anyway its the top of 5th 1-1 game Kershaw vs. Cain. Brandon Crawford gets a 1 out single that brings Cain to the plate in a obvious sac bunt situation. So naturally I throw him a first pitch fastball above the letters to try and get the popup. He attempts to pull the bunt back at the last second and gets nailed in the hand.

So he falls to the ground and I'm at first thinking he didn't even get hit, next thing I know a cutscene pops up of my catcher AJ Ellis trying to hold back a seriously pissed off Cain. Then he gets around him and comes flying at Kershaw!!! And as we all know you don't get to see the fights, however next thing I know I'm having to bring in Harang because Kershaw gets thrown out however Cain is standing on first!!

Kinda sucks only my guy got ejected on a accidental HBP, but still a really awesome little scene.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

I've tried this on purpose.

Last year it took 3-4-5 plunked batters to get ejected, now it is 3 at most, but usually 2! This is more realistic.

Last year I have seen a hitter ejected at first base arguing a bad call by the umpire. Unfortunately I hit X and did not see the cutscene, just heard the commentators talk about the ejection.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Glad to know this stuff is still in the game as it is a part of baseball. I haven't seen anything like it yet so I was wondering if the MLB was trying to push away from stuff like this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah you really have to be careful with the x button.

There's alot of all the time stuff you wanna skip but if you don't watch it you'll skip some stuff you've never seen before.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
Banned

Bronx Bomber03's Arena

OVR: 0
I have seen this once. playing against a buddy and, of course, wanted to bean a batter. So I plunked him in the head with a 99 mph fastball from Strasburg and there was a fight. Again I didn't see it, but for me it was only one batter.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
Rookie

eremiomania's Arena

OVR: 0

I forget the specifics but I was playing a game where the CPU plunked me, so of course I retaliated. Then they hit me again so I once again retaliated and my starter got tossed. Next inning I got plunked again. CPU never got tossed lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »