Home

PC Steam Online Association

This is a discussion on PC Steam Online Association within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
PC Steam Online Association

I figured this was okay to post since PC has it's own thread apart from the online leagues where no one would see this that plays PC.

With the sale going on and more OS members buying NBA for PC..

Is there anyone up for starting an online association? Would love to fill all teams but realistically that won't happen.

Who is up for one? Sim league of course, we could determine more details as interest draws.

Fill this out:

Steam ID -
Team Preferred -
Time Zone -
Could you run/help run the league?

Steam ID - TheBleedingRed21
Team Preferred - Washington Wizards
Time Zone - EST
Could you run/help run the league? I CAN but would rather others do it. I am just trying to get something started!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PC Steam Online Association

I may be up for it, I start a new job in a week, but I think I may be able to. And just a question, and I think I know, but just to clarify, what do you mean by sim? And how many games per day/week are we talking?

And if I can, here's my info.

Steam ID - Bunselpower
Team Preferred - Utah Jazz
Time Zone - CST

- Rick Wise
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

By sim, I just mean no exploits of the game. And it does not matter to me. What you think? We could just advance whenever we feel the need to instead of strict deadlines.

Right now it would just be me and you unless some other OS'ers join us. I was in a 6 user team association and it was still fun.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

Sure, I had a OA with just me and one other guy. I like the smaller, less serious ones, I don't get that tied up in them, and I like to play, not fret, because this is a video game, and the main point is having another human player to compete against, even if its only one.

Me and my friend always did fantasy drafts, but I'm assuming we'll be using standard rosters. We actually would be playing right now, but his college blocks the ports, and he had a workaround with hotspotshield, but apparently they just shut them down altogether so he can't play with me at all. If you know of a way to get his game to work, I would bet he'll play with us.

One more question, what will difficulty be set at? I usually do All Star with slider tendency adjustments, just to avoid any major CPU garbage, but I'm up for trying anything.

Anyway, learning that its not a super hardcore league, I am in, one more side note, we usually just let the league advance at slow or something, just in case we want to trade, because open schedule is fine for 30 players, but I don't really want to be playing the 40-35 Lakers with the 3-1 Jazz.

P.S. Duh, just realized that this probably isn't fantasy draft, so trades shouldn't be an issue. Whatever, ignore my rambling idiocy.

- Rick Wise
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

I feel you on the schedule. Sounds great to me. The difficulty is also ideal. Sounds like we got a lot of the same preferences. Also IDK if you are interested but REDitor comes out soon and they will have some nice rosters (like the '12 NBA 2k super roster that had all the classic teams) and we could do a best of the best, like the 90's bulls, 80's celtcis, suns with barkley etc. I did that last year for an assoication and it was an amazing experience. I would have to see if you can do that with an online one but its supposed to be like offline so it might work.

If not, we can just get the latest update and play that way. I am up for either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

We could do both, I like playing regular seasons, but I'm up for trying the other (although, as I speak, the Cardinals are playing on the radio, so The Show addiction may be flaring up pretty soon).

As far as rosters, I'm assuming we're talking standard rosters? My friend and I always do fantasy draft, mostly because we're fans of multiple teams/players more than one team, because we don't have a local NBA team that we love, so either way is cool.

But anyway, we can keep bumping this thread for a little while, seeing if anyone else wants to play, and if not, I'm sure that in the next few posts we'll get a start date set up.

- Rick Wise
Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

We can just do a regular association as I play Tiger and The Show as well. We can do a fantasy draft if you want. I am not a fan of NBA but love basketball, I just pick the wizardscause of John Wall lol
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
We can just do a regular association as I play Tiger and The Show as well. We can do a fantasy draft if you want. I am not a fan of NBA but love basketball, I just pick the wizardscause of John Wall lol
Well it doesn't matter to me, I'm cool with either, I like the Jazz, and some people don't like fantasy drafts, so if you don't like them or play them, let me know. We had fun with them, since we like way more players than are on any one team, plus his "hometown" Pistons aren't great, so he gets to draft a team that caters to his playstyle (which is cheesier than velveeta), but again, I know people who despise them, so if you do, its totally cool, I understand exactly.

Also, if you have certain players you want (like John Wall) I sometimes will set up three drafts that start 10 minutes apart, usually one of them hits. I know Wall is a somewhat early pick, so if the one doesn't catch it, usually one of them will. Like I said, I'm really up for anything.

- Rick Wise

Last edited by Bunselpower32; 04-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »