Home

Old 03-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3
Injuries

Ok kids....so, might need a little help.....

Lets say I wanted to start the season with all the real life injuries. I know to set it to manual. Then injure the players. Then I can put my players on the proper dl's. However, without usuing 30 team control(which I really have ZERO interest in doing)theres no way to put the players on other teams on the dl. Am I correct in that statement?(making sure Im not missing anything).

If that is the case then.....1-Is there a way to only control injuries with 30 team control and let the computer do the rest?(except for my team of course) And if not, do the other teams just leave the afore mentioned players injured and on the bench?? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Injuries

Set it to 30 team control, set your injuries and then switch all the other teams to CPU. You do not have to control other teams with 30 team control unless you want to. See Knights post on 30 team control if you need further clarification.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

That thought/idea crossed my mind....but I was under the assumption that once I chose my team(s), I couldnt go back and edit who I would control. Unless I missed it somwehere...
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
Ok kids....so, might need a little help.....

Lets say I wanted to start the season with all the real life injuries. I know to set it to manual. Then injure the players. Then I can put my players on the proper dl's. However, without usuing 30 team control(which I really have ZERO interest in doing)theres no way to put the players on other teams on the dl. Am I correct in that statement?(making sure Im not missing anything).

If that is the case then.....1-Is there a way to only control injuries with 30 team control and let the computer do the rest?(except for my team of course) And if not, do the other teams just leave the afore mentioned players injured and on the bench?? Thanks
Brian;
Unfortunately...with MANUAL injuries and just controlling 1 team....the CPU doesn't DL players. (you can still injure them....they just stay on the bench)
It's been a nagging problem since it's introduction.
You have to control all 30 and DL the players for it to be correct.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

Kinda what I figured...

Just wasnt sure if I was missing something with my attempt to switch which teams I controlled.

Been playing The Show for years and have never attempted real life injuries, thought I'd give it a go this year.

Thanks for the help, and the work you do on the rosters brotha, much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0

If you have this injury control on does that mean no players will be injured during gameplay? I've wanted to set up the initial injuries to match the mlb, but once I start my franchise I would still like to see new injuries occur and such.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripner
If you have this injury control on does that mean no players will be injured during gameplay? I've wanted to set up the initial injuries to match the mlb, but once I start my franchise I would still like to see new injuries occur and such.
If you keep the injury setting to MANUAL, then injuries will not occur during your franchise. You need to set the injuries to ON for that to happen.

What I do is initially set the injuries to manual, and go through each team to match the real life DL's. Then at the start of the season, I switch the injury option from MANUAL to ON so that I get the random injuries during my season. It's a little time consuming to set up, but it's worth it for me.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Still a little confused as to how you do manual injuries in MLB 13. I remember doing it in MLB 11 but never seeing it in 12.

What would I have to do before starting a franchise in order to set manual injuries? Any help would be great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »