Home

Has anyone been able to find real data from MLB to help us set the Wind Silder?

This is a discussion on Has anyone been able to find real data from MLB to help us set the Wind Silder? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19
Has anyone been able to find real data from MLB to help us set the Wind Silder?

Just wondering if 5 (default) is the most realistic way to set the wind slider in MLB 13?

I know Wind is a factor, but how much of a factor?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Has anyone been able to find real data from MLB to help us set the Wind Silder?

Was wondering this myself and can't find anything anywhere on it.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Has anyone been able to find real data from MLB to help us set the Wind Silder?

I had the info somewhere when I tried to adjust the Wind slider in the past... but it probably won't be as useful to adjust the slider in the game, since the effect of wind in real life is rather difficult to measure, whereas the wind in the game can have a significant effect in the number of HRs produced (blowing out, you'll see more, blowing in, less.)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Weather.com, find the city check the almanac for average wind speed during the months April thru October. Compare that to what the game produces on default and you have an answer!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Main thing I think would be helpful is a ballpark avg of game time wind MPH, and direction if possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

You can't really get any definitive answer to this. Even if you took the time to compile aggregate wind data for real life, the wind physics of this game can't possibly equate to real life.

Real life wind doesn't continuously blow at one velocity. Sometimes it blows from a different direction... sometimes it blows in multiple directions at the same time (because of the physical properties of a stadium). Sometimes you have 5 mph wind then some strong gusts randomly, sometimes the opposite occurs. And many times the wind isn't in play at all, because it's coming from a direction where the wall of seats shields it off... and then you have cases where the wind is only blowing at a high elevation, and only affects certain balls, etc...

There's an incredible amount of variables in play. It's simply just not even worth worrying about. Just pick a setting that makes you warm and tingly on the inside, and enjoy the game.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #7
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Here's to hoping PS4 edition has dynamic weather patterns
Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

I am playing 12 and 13 with the wind on 10. Most games are fairly realistic but I played a game on 11 last night with wind speed at 10 at AT&T saw 47 MPH wind blowing in from right field. That was just stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »