Home

More 2kSports Lunacy: MLB2K12 no longer works on PC since 3/1/13...

This is a discussion on More 2kSports Lunacy: MLB2K12 no longer works on PC since 3/1/13... within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
More 2kSports Lunacy: MLB2K12 no longer works on PC since 3/1/13...

from jproman on the 2k Sports forum; and there are two other threads to back this up:

"I doubt anyone other than sleepytercel will bother to respond to this, but I find it completely unacceptable and infuriating. Because they never bothered to patch the PC version, the "MLB Today" feature causes the PC version of MLB2k12 to freeze at the title screen. It goes through loading rosters and sliders and such and then goes to "checking for most recent roster update" or some such and then just stops doing anything.

"I paid full price for this game the day it was launched in order to support 2K sports. It now no longer works due to intentional malfeasance on their part. They're obligated to fix this. It is tantamount to theft at this point. They've got my money and I've got a game that won't run because they can't be bothered to patch the pc version.

"There may not have been nearly as many PC purchasers as Xbox, but I should suspect there are enough of us to form a class. I'll take a workaround but 2K owes its customers a patch to fix this. This is simply the worst sort of business practice."

It's happened to me with the Steam version of this. You would think 2K would want to keep the PC version going. There was a workaround where you changed your PC's internal clock to a date in 2012 (9/30), but that fix ran out of steam on 3/1. Just wanted to give you all a heads-up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: More 2kSports Lunacy: MLB2K12 no longer works on PC since 3/1/13...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
from jproman on the 2k Sports forum; and there are two other threads to back this up:

"I doubt anyone other than sleepytercel will bother to respond to this, but I find it completely unacceptable and infuriating. Because they never bothered to patch the PC version, the "MLB Today" feature causes the PC version of MLB2k12 to freeze at the title screen. It goes through loading rosters and sliders and such and then goes to "checking for most recent roster update" or some such and then just stops doing anything.

"I paid full price for this game the day it was launched in order to support 2K sports. It now no longer works due to intentional malfeasance on their part. They're obligated to fix this. It is tantamount to theft at this point. They've got my money and I've got a game that won't run because they can't be bothered to patch the pc version.

"There may not have been nearly as many PC purchasers as Xbox, but I should suspect there are enough of us to form a class. I'll take a workaround but 2K owes its customers a patch to fix this. This is simply the worst sort of business practice."

It's happened to me with the Steam version of this. You would think 2K would want to keep the PC version going. There was a workaround where you changed your PC's internal clock to a date in 2012 (9/30), but that fix ran out of steam on 3/1. Just wanted to give you all a heads-up.
Your kind of late getting to the party!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Your kind of late getting to the party!
That's pretty much what I said as well. But I deleted my post because he seems to be saying the Steam version is now unplayable because the clock date fix no longer works as of 3/1. Or did I not understand correctly?

Last edited by Yeats; 04-08-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
That's pretty much what I said as well. But I deleted my post because he seems to be saying the Steam version is now unplayable because the clock date fix no longer works as of 3/1. Or did I not understand correctly?
Well you got me there I didn't read the last paragraph only the long winded copy and paste, if it's true there is no work around for steam then that's just as Charles would say Turrible.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
Rookie

pitchleague's Arena

OVR: 1

beyondo works with the steam version. It's what I've been using since March 1st for my steam PC version.

It's just a little program to temporarily change the date of your computer system so it will run the game.

I'm at work right now so can't verify, but I think it might be beyondo.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

I just simply change the date to 4/1/2012 and that works for Steam version.

Just tried Beyondo, works great on Windows 7
http://bluefive.pair.com/beyondo.htm

Thank you pitchleague.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

Last edited by Garrett67; 04-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

"I don't have the proper privilege level to change the System Time." I have a home PC, so that shouldn't say that. Also, I tried Run as Date, the 64 bit version since I have Win 7 professional 64 bit. Does either of these need to be installed in the directory of 2k12? Otherwise, do I simply buy 2k11?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
"I don't have the proper privilege level to change the System Time." I have a home PC, so that shouldn't say that. Also, I tried Run as Date, the 64 bit version since I have Win 7 professional 64 bit. Does either of these need to be installed in the directory of 2k12? Otherwise, do I simply buy 2k11?
Run as administrator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »