Home

Early inning scoring??

This is a discussion on Early inning scoring?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Rookie

ElderlyGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Early inning scoring??

I'm about 3 weeks into my season with the Reds. I play every game, no sim. All in all my core stats are pretty realistic. I'm currently 11-8 with a team BA of about .270 and a team ERA of about 4.50. I'm hitting a lot of HR's, but I give up plenty too. My sliders are geared slightly towards offense.

One thing I'm noticing however is the fact that I seem to score the majority of my runs very eary in the game. I often score 3-4 runs in the first couple of innings and then I'm lucky to score 1 run the rest of the game. This is not always the case, but it occurs often it seems. Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
I notice this a bit; but, to me, this mirrors real life as several starting pitchers (especially aces) tend to take awhile to settle in. Once they do, they become extremely difficult to start a rally against.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Early inning scoring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderlyGamer
I'm about 3 weeks into my season with the Reds. I play every game, no sim. All in all my core stats are pretty realistic. I'm currently 11-8 with a team BA of about .270 and a team ERA of about 4.50. I'm hitting a lot of HR's, but I give up plenty too. My sliders are geared slightly towards offense.

One thing I'm noticing however is the fact that I seem to score the majority of my runs very eary in the game. I often score 3-4 runs in the first couple of innings and then I'm lucky to score 1 run the rest of the game. This is not always the case, but it occurs often it seems. Anyone else notice this?
For me most my runs come in the middle innings. I generally do not hit well early in the game.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

I have had a number of MoM games that have followed this pattern (plenty of runs early in the game, then no runs in the middle of the game as the starters settle down). But I am only 9 games into my season as I mirror the real world calendar and I just have not played enough games yet to know if this pattern is the norm.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:17 AM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I haven't tallied the numbers this year yet (I have data though), but in general this has been true... the 1st and 6th (and a bit in 9th) tends to be high scoring innings, since new pitchers tend to come in who need some time to settle in (i.e., confidence is only 2/3 full, and individual pitch confidences are only moderate when a pitcher first comes in to pitch) What you are seeing is true I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

I've had a wide variety of scoring in innings. I've had shutouts implode in the 6th or 7th. I've had early innings scoring. I've had it all. Knock in wood, so far, the only inning I have yet to be scored on is the 9th and I haven't scored in the 9th
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't think it's a coincidence. It's a result of great and realistic programming.

After a few innings, the CPU begins to adjust to your hitting/swinging/taking patterns, as it should.

This is when it's of the utmost importance to start to be aware of that. Pressing select and looking at the batter/pitcher analysis screens and sorting for situational data can go a long way in helping you curb this CPU adjustment.

Remember, you very likely make the same adjustment when on the defensive side too. Or at the very least, notice how the API will begin mixing up it's locations and pitch selection after you've gone once through the order.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I don't think it's a coincidence. It's a result of great and realistic programming.

After a few innings, the CPU begins to adjust to your hitting/swinging/taking patterns, as it should.

This is when it's of the utmost importance to start to be aware of that. Pressing select and looking at the batter/pitcher analysis screens and sorting for situational data can go a long way in helping you curb this CPU adjustment.

Remember, you very likely make the same adjustment when on the defensive side too. Or at the very least, notice how the API will begin mixing up it's locations and pitch selection after you've gone once through the order.
Very well put

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »