Home

What do you actually do on defense?

This is a discussion on What do you actually do on defense? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What do you actually do on defense?

Am I missing something? You kinda just stand infront of the ball handler doing nothing. Hit steal, sometimes get a steal, sometimes get a foul. What does lock on d do exactly besides help you stay with your man?

Am I just spoiled by the newer NBA 2ks? It just feels like defense is extremely passive.

What should I be doing? I mostly play man to man by the way. Should I not? Im not having a problem with like giving up a high FG percentage or anything, its just more of an actual boring gameplay problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
The game is 6 years old. I am pretty sure the controls wouldnt be anything like the newer nba 2ks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

I struggle with the defense side of things as well. I am using mkharsh sliders. Which are kinda hard to play against coming from nba games.

I usually play as the point and guard the ball and only attempt steals when the ball is passed. But it seems my interior defense gets destroyed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What do you actually do on defense?

It depends on your sliders and difficulty level. When I was starting out all I had to do was use lock on D on the ball handler and everyone else would do their thing. Now on MOP and harder sliders, I have to adjust for the other team's adjustments and micro-manage my defenders. Especially on off-ball defense.

And I rarely use the steal button for steals because more often than not I pile out fouls in a hurry. But that's just me.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Actually I give up on this game. Using mkarshs sliders as well and got into conference play. I'm Iowa. I just tried playing Mich st at home twice and like lost by 40 the first game and the secong game I turned off like three quarters of the way through because Mich state was shooting .715 to my .3. Thier shot chart was like everything in the paint plus 2 missed 3s. Iowa isn't good but I'm getting doubled up in every big ten game. You can't even play defense its random bs there's no separation on offense. Dribbling is abysmal . Driving is a guessing game. This has aged very poorly. I don't feel like being a passive participant in getting my skull drubbed for the next 15 games, ill smash something. Oh well out of confference was ok. End rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfriendlyBG
Actually I give up on this game. Using mkarshs sliders as well and got into conference play. I'm Iowa. I just tried playing Mich st at home twice and like lost by 40 the first game and the secong game I turned off like three quarters of the way through because Mich state was shooting .715 to my .3. Thier shot chart was like everything in the paint plus 2 missed 3s. Iowa isn't good but I'm getting doubled up in every big ten game. You can't even play defense its random bs there's no separation on offense. Dribbling is abysmal . Driving is a guessing game. This has aged very poorly. I don't feel like being a passive participant in getting my skull drubbed for the next 15 games, ill smash something. Oh well out of confference was ok. End rant.
This may sound crazy, but maybe the problem isn't the game......
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Rookie

But it is.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Actually. Take the default rosters, mkarshs sliders. Play as Iowa and sim to the Michigan state game and let me know where I'm going wrong. Or Indiana. Or Ohio state. Since you literally can't do anything to stop them from scoring in the paint because almost everything is a foul and I'm clueless of what you can do in man to man. They were literally like 22 for 26 or something in the paint after 17 minutes of playing time. It just feels so passive and I have little to no effect on the game. And seriously the game is fallible. I've never heard anyone call nba2k8 the pinnacle of anything. Choops off court stuff is great but the on court is meh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »