Home

OSFM HYBRID v 1 Release

This is a discussion on OSFM HYBRID v 1 Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
OSFM HYBRID v 1 Release

Ok everyone, it's been a long journey but here you go - I just placed OSFM Hybrid V 1.0 in the Vault.

V 1.4 Updated with updates to V 1.3 has been released in the Vault.
go to page 53 of this thread for a full breakdown of what is in it.

For those who have followed the Thread from this year you already know what this is about - for those new to the Hybrid below is a description of what is involved.

This roster release includes the following;

1. Player Re-rates for almost every player projected by ZiPs projections for 2013 - projections are a career weighted projection with heavier weights placed on more recent years accordingly

2. Equipment/Motion/Stance Changes mentioned on the Official Motion/Stance Change Thread and anything reported in our spreadsheet found on the OSFM Hybrid Thread

3. Transactions are up to date to today

4. Several Players were added and subtracted from the OSFM V 1 release, which was used as a base for this roster, including the updates Knight165 did for the V 2 release

5. Some CAPs were updated/changed from OSFM and players with service time have been added weekly from the SCEA Update

6. Rosters are a 25 MLB/40 man Roster. This is done to insure lineup accuracy when you start your franchise/rtts/season. The rosters are based on the best MLB 25 man roster not including any player who is currently out of their respective clubs lineup until the 1st of June.

Some notes you need to observe using these rosters

The best way to use these rosters are by using 30 team control - you set up 2 users, one for your team and one for the other 29 teams - follow below

Setting 2 should be set up as follows

Manual Control - 40 man roster, lineups, trades, waivers, rosters

Auto Control - Banking, Training, Management, Transportation

They are not 100% accurate to what a player may do this year - they are projections that were done before the season

Many none SCEA FA players belong to a team, they were placed there for movement purposes and so everyone has more then the 90 players on their roster

Ratings may seem a bit off or strange if you are used to the SCEA Ratings - SCEA tends to overrate most players and underrate young players who made a short debut the previous year.

DO NOT GET HUNG UP ON OVERALL RATING NUMBERS - overalls are based on weighted ratings for a specific position, for instance defense does not weigh heavy on a 1B but is very important for a SS, power does weigh heavier for the corners but not middle infield as much etc.

This roster is not perfect, some jersey numbers may be off, some stance/motions/equipment will be off - we could only change and update players we were aware of changes being needed.

The roster is now in the Vault under OSFM HYBRID v 1.4 Updated - username crapinmyshoe - if you like it please rate so others know it is quality

Now the most important part - the Thank You to everyone who helped make this happen

ACMILAN99 - my partner in crime - without his input and help with tests - this roster would have never happened

Tbbucsfan001 - the man who made the formulas happen and work on the spreadsheet

Ohdannyboy12 - created the spreadsheet that turned numbers into ratings - took easily 2 weeks off the time to complete this project

MrOldBoy - assisted in doing re-rates on the actual roster

Crains13 - assisted in doing re-rates on the roster

Redsfan4life - created Pitch Edits

No Pressure - entered all Pitch Edits into roster and updated FA Ratings

teeds - added many CAPs and has assisted in transaction updates

The Kid 24 - asked too many questions and kept my attention on the thread....lol

Seanjeezy - gave countless advice and information and provided some of the spreadsheets we used for Defense and more then likely for the future pitch edits

Knight165 - who provided advice, knowledge and of course makes the OSFM roster happen every year

Finally all of you that provided info for the equipment edits, suggestions on the thread and many who volunteered to help if needed.

Please post any updates you would like to see in v 1.2 which will be the next tweek and transaction update.

Enjoy everyone!

V 2.0 will be released somewhere around Game 40 of the Season and will include the following;

Ratings reviews for players over or under achieving as well as any rookies who were not re-rated

CAP updates - although these will be done with many update releases under V 1

If there is anything else you might like to see in V2, you can always ask - not promising we will do it but it may just be a good idea

As requested - here is the link for the roster on mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?euw7xengb95hh2d

Here is the link to the ratings spreadsheet if you need to change ratings for any Free Agent you sign - they were not rated and will play above expectations in most cases

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...oQlNmNlE#gid=0

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent

Last edited by Willard76; 05-10-2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Update!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Re: OSFM HYBRID v 1 Release

Rules for posting in this thread - please observe - it will make it much easier for anyone who is doing updates.

1. Please do not ask the same questions over and over, please do not recommend the same changes over and over.

2. Any changes you think should be made - state the player's name/team/position/ and change needed

3. Stay positive! A lot of people put far too many hours into this puppy, please respect that

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
MVP

BattleBornLV's Arena

These are the rosters I used last year and they are great. Thank you for all the hard work. Would a link for offline users be possible?

Also Willard go finally play the game!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Pro

blueduke's Arena

Thanks for all the hard work. A HUGE thanks for making it 25 man!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2

Thank you for the hours and hours of work!
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Before anyone asks - you do not need to use specific sliders - I use custom sliders myself.

Also v 2.0 will be the version with the Pitch Edits, we are currently working with Redsfan to see if we can get that done faster, but right now look for that probably around June.

Anyone who wants to add the most accurate walk-ups, stadium sounds and more, check out the link below

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...how-packs.html

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Also v 2.0 will be the version with the Pitch Edits, we are currently working with Redsfan to see if we can get that done faster, but right now look for that probably around June.
I personally aim to temper expectations, but June is probably quite conservative.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

Just so I understand correctly... if I want to play without 30 team control... before starting my franchise I should go edit every team's 40 man and delete the other 15 players?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »