Home

What do you expect to hear tomorrow CCM Part 1

This is a discussion on What do you expect to hear tomorrow CCM Part 1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
What do you expect to hear tomorrow CCM Part 1

I want to know what you guys expect to hear tomorrow when they talk about Connected Careers

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What do you expect to hear tomorrow CCM Part 1

I don't know what I expect tomorrow because Tiburon can be an odd and surprising place like Oz but I hope to see more HC09 features added. I will be very disappointed if playbook knowledge, mass subs, pregame formation subs, HC09 wear-n-tear injury system and coordinators/position coaches didn't make it in for M25. I find all the talk about allegedly keeping the core game simple for casuals a ridiculous excuse but especially for the career mode. I career mode should be as deep as possible, with as many nuances as possible, having a way for the User to delegate as much responsibility as they choose to the AI/CPU. Then again that's how the entire game should be but the casual excuse is most clearly exposed in a career mode because no pick up and play gamer is going to commit to a multiple year franchise.

I understand that others get irked by hunched over running and stiff animations, which are valid but it's the missing/lacking nuances to team management that destroy franchise immersion for me. Coaches don't matter, players can't have simultaneous nagging injuries, no mass subs/strings, no formation subs in the team management screen, no defensive assignments, no depth to player contract negotiations, etc. This is stuff that other games have done well last gen and this gen yet Tiburon just hasn't bothered. The lack of resources, bad coding start or whatever doesn't apply here imo, this has just been a poor effort on the part of Tiburon and one of the reasons I ask do the devs actually play EA football games.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

- The return of full player editing & 32 team control.

That's priority #1 for me. And hopefully some hint on some type of customizable draft classes with Madden Share or something like that.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I wonder if they're going the presentation side of CCM tomorrow or the other things like draft classes, Trades, FA's, etc....

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 05-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

I actually expect to hear of some decent upgrades considering how the on the field gameplay looks rather meh and that is most likely due to a shift to next gen imo.

I'm also willing to bet that EA is taking steps this console upgrade cycle to make sure Madden current gen and next are the same game off the field. Makes no sense to spend a yr creating an entire career mode from scratch only to scrap it for next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't know what I expect tomorrow because Tiburon can be an odd and surprising place like Oz but I hope to see more HC09 features added. I will be very disappointed if playbook knowledge, mass subs, pregame formation subs, HC09 wear-n-tear injury system and coordinators/position coaches didn't make it in for M25. I find all the talk about allegedly keeping the core game simple for casuals a ridiculous excuse but especially for the career mode. I career mode should be as deep as possible, with as many nuances as possible, having a way for the User to delegate as much responsibility as they choose to the AI/CPU. Then again that's how the entire game should be but the casual excuse is most clearly exposed in a career mode because no pick up and play gamer is going to commit to a multiple year franchise.

I understand that others get irked by hunched over running and stiff animations, which are valid but it's the missing/lacking nuances to team management that destroy franchise immersion for me. Coaches don't matter, players can't have simultaneous nagging injuries, no mass subs/strings, no formation subs in the team management screen, no defensive assignments, no depth to player contract negotiations, etc. This is stuff that other games have done well last gen and this gen yet Tiburon just hasn't bothered. The lack of resources, bad coding start or whatever doesn't apply here imo, this has just been a poor effort on the part of Tiburon and one of the reasons I ask do the devs actually play EA football games.
I am so glad you mentioned that part I put in bold from your post - I really hope there is an option for "locking out" some of the practice xp while allowing some sort of AI "awarding" of XP for practice for both user and CPU teams so in my main CCM i can, as commissioner, level the playing field for the guys who do not have the time to devote to practice.

Not having that in M13, caused an early burnout factor for some of our team "owners" as they felt they had to participate in "practice" to keep pace with the other users who had significantly more manageable schedules...

Last edited by Trick13; 05-05-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Transaction Log, Real Commissioner controls (ability to throw out results, and something to prevent the angry gamer from cutting an entire team effectively killing a league), 1000x better website integration. (Why they didn't just buy out XFN is beyond me.)

That alone would make me actually care about the CCM announcement.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Transaction Log, Real Commissioner controls (ability to throw out results, and something to prevent the angry gamer from cutting an entire team effectively killing a league), 1000x better website integration. (Why they didn't just buy out XFN is beyond me.)

That alone would make me actually care about the CCM announcement.
and waiver wire, please please please please have a properly functioning waiver wire system so that cut players after the draft all the way to the off season must clear waivers before hitting FA...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »