Home

Can low rated QBs progress to become great

This is a discussion on Can low rated QBs progress to become great within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

YanksFan772's Arena

OVR: 6
Can low rated QBs progress to become great

I know there a lot of great QBs in the draft classes that develop quickly, but is it possible for lesser rated QBs to become great players? For example, I drafted a 68 OVR QB in the 3rd round. If I play all the games and allocate his progression points accordingly, can he become a perennial Pro Bowler? Just curious if it's a waste of time.
NBA: Pacers
EPL: Liverpool
Dynasty: Brewers Year 1 49-46
http://www.operationsports.com/Yanks...cue-brew-crew/
Raiders Year 1 0-1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksFan772
I know there a lot of great QBs in the draft classes that develop quickly, but is it possible for lesser rated QBs to become great players? For example, I drafted a 68 OVR QB in the 3rd round. If I play all the games and allocate his progression points accordingly, can he become a perennial Pro Bowler? Just curious if it's a waste of time.
Look at his progression. If its quicknor superstar then he will get better pretty fast. However normal ir slow it will take longer but as long as he gets playing time he will improve.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can low rated QBs progress to become great

Quote:
Of course it's possible! I saw this many times...
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yes if you play the games. If so, make sure to save all the points his first year and use it on the development traits. It makes a big difference, well worth the 100,000 to get him from normal to superstar
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Yes if you play the games. If so, make sure to save all the points his first year and use it on the development traits. It makes a big difference, well worth the 100,000 to get him from normal to superstar
I would suggest not worrying about the developmental traits. Just use them to raise consistency and confidence on top of the throwing stats. That's all you really need to do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I made Greg McElroy into a 93 overall, although he didn't play like it. It also took about 3 years of development. Very time consuming, but possible.

Chelsea FC
Old 05-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Yes, this is very possible, but a lot depends on how you use him. I only played two seasons of Madden '13 - it just didn't hold my interest - but I took over the Bills and traded for Graham Harrell - he was rated somewhere in the low 60's I believe. After one year, with him completing over 77% of his passes and having thrown 63 TD's against 11 INT's, his numbers shot through the roof.

Part of that is my offense and the way I play. But - lots of quick, short passes, knowing how to read a defense and audible to a better play, and being smart with your decision making will greatly impact a QB who is rated low.

After two seasons, when I "retired" from Madden '13, Harrell was a 97 overall...

Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes it is very possible. In my Chiefs online CCM I started Ricky Stanzi from day one (60s ovr, normal development). But how fast the QB develops very much depends on taking the best practice every time and of course having many good games with him.. (not only season and weekly goals, but also other XP awards)

Awareness is basically useless, unless you ever simulate games. THP and TACs are most important, then RUN and PAC. I did up the awareness a bit to intimidate my opponents :P At 67 AWR he is currently 90 ovr in the ingame depth chart.

Side note: fast or star development can be insanely good in a QB, if present from when drafted. This other guy drafted a QB after the first season or second season with star dev, and was able to overtake Stanzi in pretty much all attributes - even though I had a head start. Really makes a difference that you get double XP in weekly goals, but even more that attributes fall in cost..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »