Home

Game is Just Too Easy

This is a discussion on Game is Just Too Easy within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game is Just Too Easy

What really hurts this game is that it is just too darn easy. Here's just an example for you. I picked the Chiefs. Terrible team. I made a new coach, so I started with a coach rating of like 13. Also, I'm too impatient to really do the coaching. I don't analyze the opposing scheme. I don't even call plays. I just hit circle and let my coordinator call the plays. The only thing I'll do is intervene in certain situations where a decision is required, like punt or go for it. I also used sliders made by Ebongreen that greatly bump up the running game, while I myself went with a passing offense.

Well, after one draft and a couple free agent signings, my pitiful 13 point coach took the Chiefs to 14-2. We murdered the Patriots 35-14 in the playoffs before I finally decided that the game was too easy.

Also, Brian Brohm, no superstar by any means if you just look at his ratings, set a new NFL record with 55 TD passes and 5600 yards. Dwayne Bowe had over 120 catches. It was just ridiculous.

Some other notes:

--Playing the game seems to really favor the offense. When I was playing games I had by far the best offense with a pretty crummy defense. When I started supersimming (after I decided playing was too easy even though I wasn't calling plays), that changed completely. My offense came back to earth and suddenly my defense was great.

--After playing several different franchises over the years, as I continue to play this game off and on (usually during the offseason of the real NFL to get my fix), one thing is clear to me: Keith Rivers is by far the best player in the 2008 draft. No other player comes close to the impact this guy has (unless you count just about any QB you pick if you run a passing offense and play the games). I usually move him to MLB just so he's in the middle of my defense where he can make plays everywhere. In this last franchise he was the MLB in the Tampa 2 and had 11 interceptions. 11 interceptions by a LB. That was along with about 130 tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Game is Just Too Easy

Your problem is slider and playcall related. This game is NOT too easy WHEN you play it correctly and have properly adjusted sliders. Just try mine, with the penalties and everything as its written, same for cpu and human all around. I have video posted of stats on my topic in the slider forum, go see how realistic the stats come in...

That plus NEVER using mastered plays UNLESS absolutely necessary will bring the game to a more realistic difficulty. That means you're down or its tied in the 4th and you need a 3rd/4th down. The only reason you should be using ONLY MASTERED PLAYS(which is what many of you do when you complain about difficulty), is because you ONLY HAVE MASTERED PLAYS. I go most of the first 8 games without using ANY mastered plays, just to master the whole playbook faster and to give myself more difficulty. The more you use mastered plays though, the more you take advantage of the system(making the game too easy). Realize mastered plays give EVERY PLAYER AT MASTERED A HUGE RATINGS BOOST. Thats why you get 5 interceptions a game on some of these slider sets(especially default).

Try my sliders, and play like I explained in the slider topic. You need to run the ball every game at least 30 times with at least 20 going to the starting rb. This is to run time to make stats more realistic. Also, you HAVE TO PLAYCALL YOURSELF. Your oc an dc will only call about 20 plays in total and will over use mastered plays skyrocketing their usage score. You'll notice if you defer on 3rd down, THEY ALWAYS CALL THE SAME ****ING PLAY! You have to playcall by knowledge or formation seeking ONLY learned or unlearn plays until none are left. I broke all this down though in that topic.

Im a guy who used to get 15 int with 7 for td with only one person every year, as well as just throwing for 600 yards/game 6000 a season and 60 tds EVERY SEASON. I beat the game so badly I was perfect for SEASONS in a row. I was winning 80-18 or so almost every game. Then I fixed the sliders and started playing like Ive explained. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. The best coaches can KICK YOUR *** if you dont gameplan properly and play call well.

But until you try to play this way, YES, the game will always be TOO EASY...

PS granted your sliders werent adjusted yet but manti te'o got 9 last year at lb(even if it was college). As a mlb in the cover two, anyone who throws over the middle too short is asking for an interception to the mlb. I watched urlacher get EVERY SINGLE INT in his career(22). He played every year under lovie pretty much in the cover 2...

Last edited by algoody421; 05-29-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

We essentially agree that the game as written is entirely too easy. You have to make house rules to make it not easy, which is an admission that it's too easy to begin with.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I guess I dont really understand this then. I have played this games pretty much since it came out. I have found ways to make it easy, and I have found ways to make it more challenging. The question is what do I want out of the game? Yes, we have to make house rules. I also play Madden and NCAA and I need to make house rules with those as well.

So what if the game requires slider changes and house rules to keep it challenging? From what I see of this whole website, that is what it is dedicated to doing.

So if the point is to enjoy the game for what it is worth, we change sliders and make house rules. If it is not the point of enjoying the game, well, why play it at all?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a big fan of ebongreen's sliders. they're not realistic, but they're fun. however, if you match them with a good passing playbook and the vertical passing or spread philosophies, then have your coordinators playcall, you're going to decimate the opponents. you just will. I've had joe kain and dane morrow both flirt with 8000 yard 80td passing before with that combination.

you want a hard game? play a power running offense with byron's sliders. I tried it, it was a different game.

I went back to ebon's sliders because I like the game that way. if you don't like the game that way, give algoody's advice a shot. you don't even have to start with the mastered/not mastered thing if you don't want to, just the combination of sliders and running makes it hard enough.

oh, and reset until you get zazalli or sweeny as your draft paths, and don't look at a draft path cheat sheet. or hell, look all you want but make your GM do all the draft picks and only override him if he's picking like 4 DTs in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

I must be doing something wrong then, because I seem to struggle regularly with HC09. Of course I usually try to rebuild the Raiders, so...

Might I suggest the OP start a dynasty thread? I would seriously like to see how the OP manages his game, the moves made and the way things play out?

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 05-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1

You should probably just play Madden then because this game is for Coaching. Anyone who does not get excited by creating a team and all of the residuals that go along with managing it throughout should be playing something else. This is for building a team/organization and enjoying it becoming successful while performing like you created it to do on the field.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Rookie

john129pats's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblack1207
You should probably just play Madden then because this game is for Coaching. Anyone who does not get excited by creating a team and all of the residuals that go along with managing it throughout should be playing something else. This is for building a team/organization and enjoying it becoming successful while performing like you created it to do on the field.
He said it was too easy, which has nothing to do with liking the game. OP has a point. I have to constantly go out of my way to make the game more challenging, which is poor design.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »