Home

Question about Importing Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Question about Importing Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 14
Question about Importing Draft Classes

I'm not sure if anything has been said, and forgive me if it has. But now that the import is back, is it going to be fixed? Or will it be the same as before? I mean, at this point I'm just happy it's back in the game. But I'm still curious.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Question about Importing Draft Classes

Looman said last year that imported draft classes will only be back in the game if its working correctly. So my guess is that the Pop Warner shoulder pads and the chicken legs have been fixed at least.

Hopefully they'll translate better from NCAA as well.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Looman said last year that imported draft classes will only be back in the game if its working correctly. So my guess is that the Pop Warner shoulder pads and the chicken legs have been fixed at least.

Hopefully they'll translate better from NCAA as well.
Just curious, did editing players equipment in NCAA have any impact on those issues previously? I know some people did "custom draft classes" where they meticulously edited NCAA rosters to get "accurate" draft classes. So I wonder if editing NCAA rosters equipment wise had any impact...
Old 06-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Just curious, did editing players equipment in NCAA have any impact on those issues previously? I know some people did "custom draft classes" where they meticulously edited NCAA rosters to get "accurate" draft classes. So I wonder if editing NCAA rosters equipment wise had any impact...
I don't think it did. It seemed to be random. You could upload the same draft class file over and over and you would get different results. Sometimes players had the huge shoulder pads and sometimes they didn't.

I have no idea if editing a player in NCAA made them a candidate for this or not.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Well that stinks...
With edit player back in we can fix that stuff, but hopefully EA did some work to limit some shenanigans...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Draft Classes are back..yes.
But I almost feel even more worried about them than ever before.

I heard a comment about them (from Looman) about how they would never "load" the same twice.... which makes me think they are just importing the General info of a player and the ratings are totally randomized.

Now for me, that is an epic fail... especially considering you are not going to be able to edit ratings in Madden once a Franchise is started.

I could handle some ratings being totally randomized, but not the specific physical attribute ratings that make us know a player !

For Example.... I could not handle playing 3 plus seasons with Oregon having used HB De' Thomas knowing he is one of the quickest players around... who will probably carry a 96+ speed / accel / agil rating in NCAA.

And then have him imported into Madden with a 86 speed/ accel / agil...
that is just to far off....and we have no way to fix it.

I think the physical attribute ratings of a player should not randomize or even change much from the NCAA rating.

Everything else having to do with Skills and knowledge can be totally randomized !!!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
Draft Classes are back..yes.
But I almost feel even more worried about them than ever before.

I heard a comment about them (from Looman) about how they would never "load" the same twice.... which makes me think they are just importing the General info of a player and the ratings are totally randomized.

Now for me, that is an epic fail... especially considering you are not going to be able to edit ratings in Madden once a Franchise is started.

I could handle some ratings being totally randomized, but not the specific physical attribute ratings that make us know a player !

For Example.... I could not handle playing 3 plus seasons with Oregon having used HB De' Thomas knowing he is one of the quickest players around... who will probably carry a 96+ speed / accel / agil rating in NCAA.

And then have him imported into Madden with a 86 speed/ accel / agil...
that is just to far off....and we have no way to fix it.

I think the physical attribute ratings of a player should not randomize or even change much from the NCAA rating.

Everything else having to do with Skills and knowledge can be totally randomized !!!

Not much response to this topic here.

So is it that not many people who play here, plan to import NCAA classes ?

Or do you not care that all ratings could be totally randomized ?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
See I'm still ok if the attributes don't translate perfectly. Obviously I want them to translate well so studs will be studs. But if worst case scenario is that I have to sim 10 years into NCAA to get fake draft classes that is what I will do.

I am grateful for the ability to eliminate draft guides!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »