Home

tips for getting #1 wr the ball more

This is a discussion on tips for getting #1 wr the ball more within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5
tips for getting #1 wr the ball more

ive always struggled to get my #1 wr the ball. no matter what team i use or who the wr is i struggle to get him the ball 5 times a game. my slot and my number 2 wr always lead my team in all receiving categories. i know i can put him at either #2 or slot but that just seems cheating to me. my wr's currently are anquan boldin, torrey smith and jacoby jones. any help is appeciated.

note this is for offline ccm with the ravens im doing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: tips for getting #1 wr the ball more

Up his route running. I am in an online franchise in season 4 and my best and leading WR is Reggie Wayne. He isn't fast, but has excellent hands and his route running allows him to separate against man coverage.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Pro

live to die54's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Up his route running. I am in an online franchise in season 4 and my best and leading WR is Reggie Wayne. He isn't fast, but has excellent hands and his route running allows him to separate against man coverage.
what kind of routes are you using for wayne and what is his RR at or what would you recommend getting it to see improvement? boldin currently has 87 route running
Old 06-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Hitches, posts, digs and drags. No go routes as he is too slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

Read your coverage and hot route. My number 1 and number 2 receivers get most of my catches, really it just depends on who's side of the field I'm on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
Pro

live to die54's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNewman75
Read your coverage and hot route. My number 1 and number 2 receivers get most of my catches, really it just depends on who's side of the field I'm on.
thats the thing i read coverage really well and complete a high percentage of my passes(65-70% regularly) its just my #1 wr ends with the fewest amount of receptions in every game so im trying to get him involved more. my best game with boldin was when i used DET playbook and thats just cuz it moved boldin all around on formations.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

If they are playing off run curls learn how to time your release. I normally figure out my timing so I can throw it before they even turn.

If they are playing close send them on a go sometimes you gotta fit it in a tight spot depending on how fast the S rolls over.

Edit: Another thought if they are the backside receiver check into a drag so they can get into the play. If they are the play side receiver and you read the LB on a blitz check to a slant and make them pay for the blitz.

Route Combos are horrible in EA games. Sometimes a player is running a route IRL just to get another route open. If you send your WR underneath send your TE deep to stretch the coverage.

Last edited by RonNewman75; 06-03-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
Pro

live to die54's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNewman75
If they are playing off run curls learn how to time your release. I normally figure out my timing so I can throw it before they even turn.

If they are playing close send them on a go sometimes you gotta fit it in a tight spot depending on how fast the S rolls over.

Edit: Another thought if they are the backside receiver check into a drag so they can get into the play. If they are the play side receiver and you read the LB on a blitz check to a slant and make them pay for the blitz.

Route Combos are horrible in EA games. Sometimes a player is running a route IRL just to get another route open. If you send your WR underneath send your TE deep to stretch the coverage.
i will start working on some of those things. thanks man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »