Home

What is EA doing to prevent ip booting and lag glitchers for Madden 25?

This is a discussion on What is EA doing to prevent ip booting and lag glitchers for Madden 25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What is EA doing to prevent ip booting and lag glitchers for Madden 25?

I was just playing a ranked game last night and I got IP booted for the 7th time in the past 4 days! The name of the guy who did it to me is NUTTYBLOCK612 on Xbox live! I scored the go ahead touchdown with 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter and I get the please wait message and it suddenly says you have been removed from the game due to network timeouts and he got plus 17 and I got minue 18 although I was clearly ahead on the scoreboard! This also happens during ultimate team games which is really frustrating and unfair because I lost contracts and cards of players that I have paid actual money for! I do not know what can be done if anything but I think this is an issue that needs to be dealt with! There is no reason to spend money on ultimate team until a safe level playing field and gaming environment can be reached!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What is EA doing to prevent ip booting and lag glitchers for Madden 25?

I have heard that something as simple as having dedicated servers can put an end to this problem that is a plague to online gaming! I am sick and tired of seeing all of the obvious ip booters on the top 100 list in madden and nothing ever happens to them! What is so difficult about EA banning them? I can not understand how this could be going on year after and EA just does not seem to care because they never take any action to deter or prevent it! We need to be able to see our opponents last ten games! Show their opponents and the scores of the last ten games in the matchmaking screen before we agree to play them! There are a few things EA can do! I just want to get the discussion started! This is way overdue!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Maybe some type of feedback system where you can see the reputation of the opponent before you click the ready button! Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed at this point!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_v0KGgzeYM This video has some interesting comments in the comment section!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Had this happen to me on 2k13. Playing my team and I was gonna win so the person paused the game. When he unpaused it that countdown started appearing when you have a bad connection. He did it over several times. Eventually it kicked me and gave me a loss. I knew he caused it because there were no issues the entire match until then. No lag no nothing. I barely play online competitive matches in sports games due to stuff like this and people who have no clue how to even play the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess, EA is going to do nothing. They won't even give online gamers a "Fair play lobby" or put a simulation setting in the game, don't think they care that much about what anyone does once they have bought the game. Quite sad really, online play could be a much bigger market, imo, if EA would do more to regulate it and provide various User environments. Instead they choose to leave it like the wild west, a free for all, make your own rules.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess, EA is going to do nothing. They won't even give online gamers a "Fair play lobby" or put a simulation setting in the game, don't think they care that much about what anyone does once they have bought the game. Quite sad really, online play could be a much bigger market, imo, if EA would do more to regulate it and provide various User environments. Instead they choose to leave it like the wild west, a free for all, make your own rules.
wow how can ea sports allow ip booting? will easports ever fix this or can we get a better football game from 2ksports? i love easports and am very dedicated to easports madden series but have been ip booted for the last time. if easports refuses to fix this very annoying glitch .... madden 25 will be my last madden. Not wanting to argue or get banned just need this issue illuminated and fixed finally. We who play fair and for fun have waited too long now. Can i get an amen brothers?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is nothing you can really do. They get your ip thru a software and than use a paid or free booter to kick you offline

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »