Home

Scouting imported NCAA 14 players on Madden 25?

This is a discussion on Scouting imported NCAA 14 players on Madden 25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3
Scouting imported NCAA 14 players on Madden 25?

With Madden 13 having different players positions and player types in the scouring process (3-4 DE, Cover 2 CB, Possession WR, etc.) I got to wondering how this will work for importing players into Madden 25?

Will the computer just look at the last position played and scheme played in NCAA and just import that over or will size play some role? If I have a 6'3 253 pound college DE, will the scouting show him as a DE or show his scheme type as a possible 3-4 rush OLB?

Will a college 280 college DT with some good pass rushing ability be listed as a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE? Will size be looked at in any way or will we have a bunch of 275 pound guys projected as 3-4 nose tackles because they had a lot of strength and block shedding in NCAA14?

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Scouting imported NCAA 14 players on Madden 25?

Either way you can change the positions in the off season now right? So you draft an undersized DE you can move him to 3-4 LB.

The scheme fit is a good question tho.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
Either way you can change the positions in the off season now right? So you draft an undersized DE you can move him to 3-4 LB.

The scheme fit is a good question tho.
Well you could always move players in NCAA during the off-season, but I was hoping that the games would do an intelligent transition for players.

At the very least they should allow you to change the positions for players confirmed to be leaving prior to exporting so they can come into Madden with more realistic positions.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

It sucks that with all the testing and info that comes out on Madden and NCAA from the community that import draft class is 99% in the dark until Madden comes out. I have a lot of wishes but not very high hopes for how the import will be implemented. I get the feeling import is more of an after thought to the created classes from EA's view. Also from NCAA 14's player ratings make me think it will be pretty difficult to get good looking draft classes from real life projections with so many high ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »