Home

Madden 25 Next Gen Impressions from the Ignite Lab at E3 (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Next Gen Impressions from the Ignite Lab at E3 (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 25 Next Gen Impressions from the Ignite Lab at E3 (MyMaddenPad)

http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/06/17/ma...ns-ignite-lab/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 25 Next Gen Impressions from the Ignite Lab at E3 (MyMaddenPad)

That was good read. Sounds like Shopmaster was pretty impressed.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

Nothing personal on him, but I've never once heard him NOT be impressed by Madden. Around this time, there are ALWAYS glowing impressions of everything simply because it's new. I think it's too early to really determine what next gen Madden is really going to be like. From what I heard involving the O line, I like what I am hearing. I thought the movement looked much more smooth than past maddens, but we will see how things unfold in the coming months.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Sounds awesome. I really think the defensive play-calling needs to make the jump next year in Madden if it doesn't make it this year. Really hope they adopt tiered play-calling. In All-Pro I loved mixing up what my D-line was doing with what I wanted my line backers to do.

Also hope the step locomotion is for lineman as well. I don't want to see guys sliding around unrealistically to make blocks. Every player on the field's momentum should be held accountable so the game is balanced well. Also I want to see tackles drop back to make blocks instead of stepping into the blocks on passing plays. Also I hope the defense attacks the gaps instead of attacking lineman. I hate being steered automatically into offensive lineman on current gen. It's horrible. The win/lose aspect also has to go. Lateral movement needs to be added. as well.

Everything sounds great though. Can't wait to see more.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I really want to beleive and be all in on Madden 25 for next-gen. There just isn't enough information out there. I have every confidence in Kolbe and his appreciation for the simulation side of sports. I just have this feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop. That said true step and the mention of line play have my attention. In the months leading up to the release of next gen I will be watching gameplay videos for those things, followed by defense actually mattering. I know everyone loved to score TDs, but some people actually like to have games come down to something more than, who has the ball left.

That said, I know its early, but I am all in on Next Gen Madden. If they can deliver on what they said the would, all the bad blood form this generation would be forgotten. But if they can't they may be burning the bridge with me for good.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I really want to beleive and be all in on Madden 25 for next-gen. There just isn't enough information out there. I have every confidence in Kolbe and his appreciation for the simulation side of sports. I just have this feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop. That said true step and the mention of line play have my attention. In the months leading up to the release of next gen I will be watching gameplay videos for those things, followed by defense actually mattering. I know everyone loved to score TDs, but some people actually like to have games come down to something more than, who has the ball left.

That said, I know its early, but I am all in on Next Gen Madden. If they can deliver on what they said the would, all the bad blood form this generation would be forgotten. But if they can't they may be burning the bridge with me for good.
Spot on Rich. I couldn't agree more. I'm an old school NFL guy and I love defense. The last generation of Madden has been very difficult to stomach (to say the least). Like you, I'm an online league guy. I appreciate defense much more than the ridiculous scoring fests that we've had where you simply can't stop anything without resorting to silly defensive hot routes and exploits.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

Good post and for me, I just don't want to allow myself to be strung along for another 3+ years hoping the game finally arrives. For all the potential of these new systems, I'm reminded of how Tiburon squandered the resources of the last gen systems, so I have to force myself to call it quits if next year EA football doesn't completely put all past football games out to pasture. None of that "we couldn't get to x but we are looking into it", with regard to providing a complete football game. Injuries, penalties, presentation, defense, passing, wr/db interaction, customization, NCAA/Madden feature equality, AI, fleshed out franchise elements, etc, all have to not only be touched but complete next year.

If they announce some new gimmick or mode next year without bothering to complete those things just mentioned, it will be evident that the same EA philosophy of "string'em along slowly" is still in place and I'll have no choice but to move on.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Love what I'm reading. Getting the current gen due to the season ticket deal but will trade it or sell it for the next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »