Home

Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings?

This is a discussion on Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings?

Now you obviously can't get perfect ratings, but this seems to be the worst its been in a while rating wise.

Auburn 88, Arkansas 88, Baylor 90, Iowa 88, Miami 90, Missouri 88, UNC 91 Ole Miss 90(!!!) Texas 93, USC 91, Virginia Tech 93.

Those are just the ones that jumped out at me. It's really not a big deal to me since I don't play online H2H games, but it's just strange to me. Seems that almost every team is in the 80's and and of the couple in the 90's, a lot of them don't deserve it.

TLDR; Were high team ratings given out too generously in 14?

Last edited by GruffyMcGuiness; 06-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone Think EA Went Overboard With Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Now you obviously can't get perfect ratings, but this seems to be the worst its been in a while rating wise.

Auburn 88, Arkansas 88, Baylor 90, Iowa 88, Miami 90, Missouri 88, UNC 91 Ole Miss 90(!!!) Texas 93, USC 91, Virginia Tech 93.

Those are just the ones that jumped out at me. It's really not a big deal to me since I don't play online H2H games, but it's just strange to me. Seems that almost every team is in the 80's and and of the couple in the 90's, a lot of them don't deserve it.

TLDR; Are high ratings given out too generously in 14?
The teams you posted, aside from FSU, which will be a top 10 team again this year, are absurdly overrated. VT's, Iowa's, Arkansas', UA's, Mizzou's, and Ole Miss' rating makes me sick. USC should actually be rated higher IMO based on talent alone.

I actually thought EA did a better job of not assigning so many 90+ ratings to individual players this year though.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
I actually thought EA did a better job of not assigning so many 90+ ratings to individual players this year though.
There are 17 QB's with over a 90 rating. I don't know how many there usually are but it seems like a ton.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Name a year a sports game don't go over board with team ratings and player ratings. Sad fact of life is high rated teams and high rated players appeases the masses of casual fans.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
Rookie

alexgators1's Arena

OVR: 2

USF went 3-9 last year and is an 88
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
The teams you posted, aside from FSU, which will be a top 10 team again this year, are absurdly overrated. VT's, Iowa's, Arkansas', UA's, Mizzou's, and Ole Miss' rating makes me sick. USC should actually be rated higher IMO based on talent alone.

I actually left out FSU, haha Jameis Winston is the real deal. USC definitely has talent, but they wont play like a 91 overall team with their clown coach. Almost all of the overrated teams have tons of talent but don't play like it. I'd rather have underrated ratings than overrated.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm sort of hoping EA has just kind of half done ratings on purpose with the legal issues going on. Hopefully, when those get resolved we will get a more dedicated effort towards creating accurate rosters and ratings. I think ratings are too high across the board and there should be more separation between teams and players, but I understand they do that to sell.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgators1
USF went 3-9 last year and is an 88
Nice catch, didn't even notice. Ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »