Home

Do u think they will add some new things association mode

This is a discussion on Do u think they will add some new things association mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Do u think they will add some new things association mode

Do u think they will add some new things to the mode this year i.e. Gm mode, story lines, owner personalities ? Or do u think it will be the same
just wondering
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Do u think they will add some new things association mode

Unfortunately, I think Association Mode will be the same. Unless EA Sports releases a fantastic game that cuts into 2K sales, I don't believe 2K feels pressed to significantly improve their product.

That means game modes like Association will be the same as they have been year after year.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think if you could get fired as GM it would be pretty cool and add a bit more pressure to you when you're making trades etc
Old 06-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

It would be absolutely ridiculous for 2k to go into the new generation with the same association they have had for the last five years. Considering its the mode with the most replayibility, I am at a loss to explain why they have neglected it for so long. Most of the issues are simple and should be able to be fixed in a short amount of time.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Should they? Yes.
Will they? No.

Association Mode should be the main focus of sports game developers as far as I'm concerned. It has the most replay value and by a wide margin. With sports games that do it well (ie: MLB: The Show), the mode, itself, can single-handedly dominate the market for their gaming product. When not done well, the developers are forced to generate cheap tricks (as far as I'm concerned) to get customers to keep coming back (shoe generator, Jay-Z production, etc).

2K simply doesn't see the mode as worthy of spending even the most limited of time for improvement. This is a real shame because they've long had the reputation of putting the customer first and really listening and responding to what the customer wanted. But such is life - when a product becomes popular enough and dominates/corners the market, they simply don't have the need for dramatic improvement.

That's why I'm really hoping EA can put out a passable-enough product to steal some revenue from 2K. Competition breeds success and innovation. And right now, 2K could really use some innovation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #6
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3
I think if you could get fired as GM it would be pretty cool and add a bit more pressure to you when you're making trades etc
It's already in the game...Lose enough games in association mode and you will get fired!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
Should they? Yes.
Will they? No.

Association Mode should be the main focus of sports game developers as far as I'm concerned. It has the most replay value and by a wide margin. With sports games that do it well (ie: MLB: The Show), the mode, itself, can single-handedly dominate the market for their gaming product. When not done well, the developers are forced to generate cheap tricks (as far as I'm concerned) to get customers to keep coming back (shoe generator, Jay-Z production, etc).

2K simply doesn't see the mode as worthy of spending even the most limited of time for improvement. This is a real shame because they've long had the reputation of putting the customer first and really listening and responding to what the customer wanted. But such is life - when a product becomes popular enough and dominates/corners the market, they simply don't have the need for dramatic improvement.

That's why I'm really hoping EA can put out a passable-enough product to steal some revenue from 2K. Competition breeds success and innovation. And right now, 2K could really use some innovation.
Honestly small changes making it similar to my player
Would be great and easy add ins and I expect them in the game.

1. Team interviews. Player of the game has interview after the game or if you lost a significant player or coach or gm gets asked questions about performance, trade rumors and firings.

2. Tweets. Have that and add more types of fans and popularity and dynamic rumors based on stats

3. Gm sit ins: call players and coaches in and demand starting players, ask about performance and have these affect ratings and rumors. Perhaps a gm sit in will make the player nervous and make him lose attribute or give motivation and improve rating. May add to rumor mill. May make team popular for rumors or unpopular to fa based on ratings. Teams that have poor ratings have harder time signing coaches and players

4. Better injuries: more on court injuries and animations. Honestly I saw none in 2k13 and I played a lot. I saw many in 12 and previous ones but having that add to story would be good.

5. Edit arena colors logo or sell team or move a team.

6. More defined rolls. Better Chem when winning even if players don't play and vice versa. Constantly add dynamic personality. If players are known to be wanting out or staying in have that modified in your season. Also dynamo player ratings can be turned on or off. That would make me feel as if playing through a realistic season rather that stupid players getting random boosts for just sake of increased ratings.

7. Offseason. It hasn't changed in forever.
Interview draftees. Interview free agents. More than contract offers sell the fa with billboards,bonuses , recruit your players to help. Higher rated players can help recruit. (New sig promoter: makes positive impact on floor and offseason)

8. Increase real coach candidates and have assistant coached and head coaches in the same pool as well as gm hirings. Rate front office, players.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

What should be changed:

- Amnesty clause should be inserted
- Loayalty should be changing for more variety, I hate when the same players want to resign or opt out every year
- team chemistry must be fixed, players like JR Smith or Crawford bitch around their roles as 6th men, rookies demand a starting spot...this sucks
- trade intelligence: the cpu offers you either stupid trades or unfair trades all the time, they want way too much for an expiring star who decided to go into FA (if you offer CP3 they offer you **** and even want a first round pick, same for the other way aroun, if you'd like to get CP3 they want like Lebron and Wade);
another problem is that teams with star PG's sign another star pg in FA, like Cleveland always signs CP3 and leave Kyrie on the bench
- you should be able to have more conditions on trades, like offering more picks then the usual current and next ones, also you should have the possibility to have a lottery condition on the picks
- draft: there should be rankings and mock drafts, often the best rookies get drafted 10th to 15th, also teams draft players for positions on which they are already good

I don't think they will change any of these suggetions, but IMO this is what has to be done. Fell free to continue this list and give me feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »