Home

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

With the release of the game approaching, I thought a good idea for a thread would be able to talk about the offensive playbooks & schemes on both sides of the ball everyone was going to use. Talk about your dynasty team's personal and how the new/original scheme will work effectively.

Im going to be using the university of Miami. Coach coley was just brought over from FSU so it's going to be interesting to see how much the Playbook has changed from ncaa 13. I expect spread wrinkles into the formely predominant pro style offense playbook that Miami has. There has also been heavy rumors that Miami will be switching to a 3-4 due to the lack of depth at the DT spot. D'Onofrio runs "multiple" defenses but the primary package is 4-3. Ill have to check out my depth in the front 7 to see if I make the change to a 3-4 or another type of defense. I want to keep a pro style offense with Miami, we've got a good senior qb in Stephen Morris and we have talented young receivers. However, as time goes on football evolves. After playing the demo, I really enjoy using the read option, triple option, etc. I want to implement that type of stuff & some Oregon plays into my playbook. Duke Johnson is rated a 91 & is very fast. Stephen Morris sticks to the pocket but he has good mobility and would be able to be a weapon using his legs. I kind of want to have a 49ers type offense. Im not sure what playbook would best fist what I'm looking for. I know my first year as head coach im going to go after a big name dual threat qb. If I decide to run a 4-3 (think I'm going to stick with it) I'm looking to for playmaking DBs with good coverage skills & speed. I want Miami to have the speed they used to have in the early 2000s. I want my linebackers like Dan Morgan, Jon Beason, flying around & making plays. My top targets will be on the DL. Our depth is lacking there and I want to win with a dominant defense.

Additionally, I wish ncaa would've made the game like madden where the scheme changes the rating of players. That way you could recruit a certain way also (Big back, Field general, playmaker, etc.)

What playbook/schemes are you looking to implement for your dynasty team? What's your reasoning? Also, if anyone can help me with the offensive playbook they think will suit me I will appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

Any help/thoughts?
Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

I'm going to be running all kinds of spread option because of all of the new improvement. However, the flexbone really interests me as well. i wish there would have been a flexbone team on the demo.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

UnAnon's Arena

OVR: 0

Depends who I play with. I like smash mouth football so I'm gonna end up using LSU/Stanford playbook in those respective Dynasties.

In my Baylor/ULL dynasties I'm gonna go for more of a spread/spread option game to try and outscore my opponents since their defenses won't be all too great.

May even give UCLA a shot with some power run from the spread.

Now defensively, I always create a play book. I like defenses that dominate the LOS. I'd rather give up 300 passing yards and 120 rushing that the other way around. I always draft corners first then linebackers then DE then DT.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I like to use the big book of cheese! All day everyday!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
I'm going to be running all kinds of spread option because of all of the new improvement. However, the flexbone really interests me as well. i wish there would have been a flexbone team on the demo.
Yeah I love the new option improvement. Definitely going to get a big time dual threat qb to replace Morris.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
50 Tyson I didn't know you played NCAA
Old 07-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
50 Tyson I didn't know you played NCAA
Damn that was a great one

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »