Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

I'd love to get some insight on everyone's recruiting strategy for this years game. It's actually quite different than any other NCAA game. Coach Skills really do play a HUGE role which is very satisfying. I'm a big recruiting guy and am having some trouble getting used to the new style. Any tips for success?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

I'm in the same boat and came on here to see if there was any discussion on the topic. I started a dynasty with Iowa and assigned ~200-300 pts to around 20-25 recruits. I'm losing ground each week and am nowhere near getting any recruits.

Just curious if its better to go after a few big playmakers at ~500-600 pts for each recruit with the expectation that I'll have to go after some lower-level recruits that have me near their top later on in the season (in theory, after I'm leading for the playmakers)?
Old 07-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I only focus on like 15-18 guys and I go hard after 12 of them. I don't usually play as a recruiting powerhouse so this tactic has paid off for me many times

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsutherland
I'm in the same boat and came on here to see if there was any discussion on the topic. I started a dynasty with Iowa and assigned ~200-300 pts to around 20-25 recruits. I'm losing ground each week and am nowhere near getting any recruits.

Just curious if its better to go after a few big playmakers at ~500-600 pts for each recruit with the expectation that I'll have to go after some lower-level recruits that have me near their top later on in the season (in theory, after I'm leading for the playmakers)?
Take this with a grain of salt because I don't have 14 yet and I didn't even play 13. However, back when I had 12 and 11 I had a strategy of recruiting between 10 and no more than 15 guys at a time. You can really get some good ones early (I expect if you unlock the Opener skill this will translate well). Really hit those guys hard, then add guys to your list as you go once you sign some. Once you get to the offseason focus on 5 guys max and just hammer them.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

You need to be using visits for guys that compliment each other. Then you have to meet the goals during each recruits visit to really max on points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

My tips

-Start out small maybe focus on 5 or 10 players,I have a full list players but really focus in only a small amount until you get your coach skills up,Spreading your points seem to get you murder because some school is putting 500 to 600 points that player a week which bring us to the next point

-Don't let a player you really want get into the offseason,In season recruiting is super important,You have to treat a player who does not sign with in the offseason almost like a loss because crazy stuff can happen,For example I am miami recruiting a 81 overall FB i am some where between 6,000 to 8,000 up on everybody i put 1,000 points into get him,Signing day comes he commits to Florida state so they spent like 9,000 points to get him.You want most of recruiting done so in offseason you can do that other teams.You have remember teams can spend their full 10,000 points on one player.Less players you really want in the offseason the better
Old 07-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Rookie

TrippyBeaver's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been having success firing a bunch of points at recruits that are needed or good in my weak positions until They're ready for a visit, then i tone it down a little and start going after some of the small frys
Old 07-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

I have to say, recruiting in '14 is MUCH more difficult than in previous versions. I like that it's more difficult and seems to produce more realistic results, but I'm frustrated that my classes are so small. Maybe I need to adjust my strategy, because the same strategies that I've been using to dominate recruiting in years past is definitely not working so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »