Home

Offseason coaching carousel

This is a discussion on Offseason coaching carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Offseason coaching carousel

Why don't I have a say in my new OC and DC? I am the head coach, and both of my guys left for better jobs. I was not able to hire new people. The CPU auto picked for me, and they were terrible hires.

I don't like this. As the HC I should have a say in the hiring of my assistants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Offseason coaching carousel

Same as last year. People complained about it last year as well.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't you get to reset the points of your incoming coaches?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinnzer
Don't you get to reset the points of your incoming coaches?
They are auto reset. But still, I should be given the chance to make the hire. I could have found someone better than what it hired. The guy that left had a level 6, guy coming in was level 4.

I re loaded and re ran, to see if would make the same choice. Nope. Second guy was level 9.

I would still like to make the call myself though. Not sure why this wasn't changed.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

It's all based around what level your HC is. If you're a very high level, you might get lucky and end up with a ex-HC for one of your coordinators. If you're a mediocre level then you'll get low level coordinators.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

because EA has to implement throw away features like: Season Showdown, that thing last year with the heisman winners, Ultimate team

that's why coaching carousel is shallow and broken, really head coaches still take coordinator positions, has this ever happened in the 100+ year history of college football?

it should be this simple

if( IsHeadCoach(currentJob) && IsCoordinator(offeredJob) ) return false ;
Old 07-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #7
Rookie

braveseddie's Arena

OVR: 3

Agreed, would be nice if you got some input as to who got hired. Also, is it just me or if you get offered a new job can you not look at the roster of the team that wants to hire you anymore? Makes it hard to want to pick a school if you don't know what's waiting for you.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:10 AM   #8
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveseddie
Agreed, would be nice if you got some input as to who got hired. Also, is it just me or if you get offered a new job can you not look at the roster of the team that wants to hire you anymore? Makes it hard to want to pick a school if you don't know what's waiting for you.
Not only that, but what is up with the "contracts". All it tells you is the past season records, and the schools win/loss history. How is this a contract record info? And what happend to goals for the coach? I see coaches getting fired for not meeting their goals, but there are no goals.

This product seems kinda rushed to me. There are half systems all over the place in this game. Things they didn't fully implement, and things they meant to remove that they didn't fully take out.

This is what happens when you have no competition. You can put out what ever you want and people will buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »