Home

Dominant play is not rewarded properly

This is a discussion on Dominant play is not rewarded properly within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9
Dominant play is not rewarded properly

These guys are suppose to be representation of college football players. I don't give a damn about who they are as a person, at the age of twenty there is nobody with the intestinal fortitude to stand stonefaced in the pocket and throw a pinpoint perfect pass while a DE is leveling them on 8 outta 10 plays, they can not dust themselves off and get back to the old grind when they get burned by the man across from them. There needs to be some sort of progressive fatigue and confidence system that rewards teams for dominance by effecting every player on the field. If they're getting there bell rung or clocks cleaned on every play there should be adverse effect .

In my Oregon Dynasty I played every defensive possession as Tony Washington. In that time I netted 16 total sacks and 20+ TFL, and not once did I see a HB or FB line up behind the guard to add an extra layer of protection. Now that may seem like a complaint about CPU offensive AI but it's not, because there was no need for them to add that extra blocker. The man across from me was able to put up a fight on every down, and not once was the QB thrown out of rhythm. My defensive effort was neutralized by the game.

Last edited by BearClaw; 07-15-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dominant play is not rewarded properly

I really like this idea, very well thought out. It would put a lot more empathis on depth and you could even make some sort of attribute out of it. The thoughts of physically pounding the rock at the defense for three quarters and it finally paying off in the fourth makes me a happy man! Much more realistic then what EA has put out this year, BRAVO.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofmsteve
I really like this idea, very well thought out. It would put a lot more empathis on depth and you could even make some sort of attribute out of it. The thoughts of physically pounding the rock at the defense for three quarters and it finally paying off in the fourth makes me a happy man! Much more realistic then what EA has put out this year, BRAVO.
Bingo! At some point someone on either the offensive line, defensive line or the HB should break. If you or the CPU is continually getting those 3-5 yds inside it shouldn't just continue at that pace the entire game. There should be a reason to make a defensive adjustment to prevent the big one that in an actual game football is guaranteed to come because players get mentally and physically worn out. Instead there is no incentive to make a serious adjustment, just a small shift in the line or change in tackling mentality and all is right with the world. We should see a linebacker or tackle get planted and the HB who's been chugging along running roughshod all over the secondary.

Or say your first few running plays get stonewalled and after getting smacked around for a few quarters a backs legs should start to wear on him, his step might not be as quick as he's cautious about a certain defender and ultimately the dominant defense is rewarded by forcing a complete change in the offense scheme and an offensive line that's running on fumes. However the odds of a big play for either team stay exactly the same throughout the entire game.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

This will never happen in a EA Sports football game, it's too realistic and EA does not want to make a realistic football game, they want to make a fun football game, and what you are mentioning is not that fun. The good news is that I think other companies will be allowed to make college football games next year so hopefully NCAA Football get some competition next gen.

Watch as 70 rated Georgia State Qb throws a strike in between 3 Alabama receivers with pressure in his face.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Rookie

reedracer's Arena

OVR: 0

>oregon dynasty

wow

so difficult

clap

skill

professional
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
Rookie

I completely understand what you're saying, but at the same time you can only throw so many 60 yard bombs until you get tired of it. That being said EA got their $60 and after that they could probably careless how much you play it.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

so adjust the sliders... There is an entire forum about getting realistic play. And as someone who gets a lot of pressure, the CPU defense does bring in extra blockers and I have to switch up my defense. Are QB's too accurate? yup and thats why i adjusted both the cpu and human sliders to make it more realistic...

You might say, that should be that way out of the box! But as one said EA has to make the game accessible to all. messing with the sliders is how you get sim ball
Old 07-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
so adjust the sliders... There is an entire forum about getting realistic play. And as someone who gets a lot of pressure, the CPU defense does bring in extra blockers and I have to switch up my defense. Are QB's too accurate? yup and thats why i adjusted both the cpu and human sliders to make it more realistic...

You might say, that should be that way out of the box! But as one said EA has to make the game accessible to all. messing with the sliders is how you get sim ball
You're point while valid to a discussion, makes no sense in this one. My mentioning of the stats in the op was simply a point of reference. At no point did I mention things not being difficult enough or referencing my own personal skill level (i honestly nobody gave a damn about it on OS) at all. This has nothing to do with difficulty level or anything of the sort. It has to do with how the game handles specific aspects of football. The tension of a fourth quarter can only be self inflicted because of the game clock and that's it. The confidence of a quarterback is represented by a bunch of squiggles that in all actuality have no effect on the game. Fatigue is essentially a turbo meter that's refilled after a timeout or short change in possession.

If my QB is getting his *** handed to him but he's still getting the ball out, there should be a side effect of it. If he gets hit that means my line is getting bulldozed, and after a few drives of that the dline should have an easier time of getting to the qb than they did when the game started. However that is not the case. At some point my quarterback should get rattled and start making less accurate throws...until I change something and can build back his confidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »