Home

Can't edit Texas roster??

This is a discussion on Can't edit Texas roster?? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can't edit Texas roster??

On PS3.
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I'm trying to edit the equipment on some of the players on UT and it shows most of the players with top 1/2 sleeve team color, sleeve tight, but in the menu it says different. Like it will say he's wearing say 3/4 sleeve white but on screen he's wearing top 1/2 sleeve team color, and when i change it, it stays the same.
I thought the problem might go away when I downloaded the OS ps3 roster but the problem is still there. This happen to anyone else? How do I fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Lonestar Outlaw's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Can't edit Texas roster??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepjk
On PS3.
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I'm trying to edit the equipment on some of the players on UT and it shows most of the players with top 1/2 sleeve team color, sleeve tight, but in the menu it says different. Like it will say he's wearing say 3/4 sleeve white but on screen he's wearing top 1/2 sleeve team color, and when i change it, it stays the same.
I thought the problem might go away when I downloaded the OS ps3 roster but the problem is still there. This happen to anyone else? How do I fix it?
I have had the same problem with Texas, and Texas A&M as well. It just shows the half sleeve on the edit screen no matter what you change it to (it is highly annoying). One thing I have figured out is your players will wear whatever the edit screen says once you have saved changes. For example putting 3/4 sleeve on is what they will play in the game with, but on the edit screen it will continue to show 1/2 sleeve. That's not one Texas player in particular that's all of them. It's a bummer I know and a royal pain but no game is perfect I guess. Hope this helps. But I have found no way to get rid of the visual 1/2 sleeve in the edit player appearance.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Lonestar Outlaw's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm on the 360 by the way. So apparently it's on both systems.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

As the saying goes...
"Don't mess with Texas"
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Jacob the Witt's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a result of teams having the new team specific 1/2 sleeves (a.k.a. base layers) that go with the team uniform. If you edit your player to have the "Top 1/2 Sleeve Team Color" option, you will see the sleeve change to the team specific design.

Texas, for example, has an orange sleeve with gray underarm and the Longhorn at the end of the sleeve.

Like stated by Lonestar Outlaw, whatever option you choose will show up in gameplay, but it won't change in the edit player screen.

Other teams that have this feature, off of the top of my head, are: A&M, as you said, as well as Florida State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

All of the teams with team-specific sleeves are like this. Even though it won't show in the player edit screen, whatever you change the text to will be reflected in-game.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
All of the teams with team-specific sleeves are like this. Even though it won't show in the player edit screen, whatever you change the text to will be reflected in-game.
Correct, but make you save the game. For whatever reason when I just normally edit without saving then play nothing changes but when I save the roster then play it does. However if you switch to alternate uniforms it always works no matter whether I save or not. Very odd.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

All of the teams with team-specific sleeves are like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »