Home

WNBA 2K13 (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on WNBA 2K13 (Xbox 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
WNBA 2K13 (Xbox 360)

WNBA 2k13 - Xbox 360

I didn't want to make a thread on this just yet but I was wondering if anyone on this site is interested in a WNBA roster?
It's an easy task considering they're only 12 teams and range to 11-13 players.

I ask because I want to know how much work I should put in on this if others are interested...
Anyways my current status on this roster -- I just picked back up on it... As of now all players have correct heights, weights, ages, names, jersey numbers, college, and years pro. To sum that up, they have their correct bio! Haha, next step is to go into ratings. It takes me around a good two hours to accurately complete one team (11-13 players) but it's also hard because unlike the NBA, non-starters are very hard to find scouting reports on. Therefore I'm fully basing them off statistics.
And that is were you guys come in, if you watch the WNBA PLEASE leave any scouting reports for any players in here because it will really help me out! It really sucks because right when I became interested in the WNBA concept they stopped airing these WNBA games on television and the price to buy a league pass is like 15 dollars

And this is the post that kinda got me motivated to start this roster. Hopefully it will kind of give you the interesting aspects of the concept as well.
The only limitation and downgrade of having this on the Xbox though is the faces & obviously art. However I've observed that "Head Type, 3" & "Face Type 2 or 4" make a pretty decent base for a girl. I'll post some faces throughout this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_num3
This is amazing. I personally would love a simulation WNBA mod. It sucks that you can only do 30 association. If 2K had an option to choose how many teams we want to start the association I would have loved to do a WNBA one, and have fictional draft classes full of fictional female cyberfaces and stuff, I think it would've been cool, lol. But I like the style of gameplay that a WNBA mod would cause because it would be more strategic. thats why I enjoy mods like the Euroleague 2K mod and the ACB mod that's gonna come out soon, because there's no overpowered LeBrons and players like that and it makes for a more evenly played and strategic style of gameplay. Also making a WNBA mod would be a great step for 2K modding because its something different and even if not many people watch WNBA, in the 2K modding world it would be something that catches your eye. I also like what Jaosming said in his video about the uniforms without movement for the better body design of the female characters, I think this could be a great mod.
This was a post on the PC mod - http://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewt...?f=149&t=91534
Anyways hopefully this gets some interest and people are willing to help out somehow.
ETA: 2 Weeks. I'm going on a cruise tomorrow and won't be back until the 26th. I start back school July 31st so I won't have much time but once again this isn't the hardest project.

Oh and btw I'll make this future note - the ABA ball is more suited for the WNBA than the default. That is why I'm using it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
I'm interested, it would be fun to play with
Old 07-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: WNBA 2K13 (Xbox 360)

I'm interested, I think you could make your own fictional roster and people would still be interested in it. It would save time to find out about benchwarmers. You could do likenesses of the stars of the league (somebody that can sort of dunk like Griner, someone that plays like Candice Parker, Maya Moore etc) My one tip is to set everyone's dunk ratings to 25 other than Griner, and I'd make hers low as well. Verticals should also be pretty low.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
I'm interested, I think you could make your own fictional roster and people would still be interested in it. It would save time to find out about benchwarmers. You could do likenesses of the stars of the league (somebody that can sort of dunk like Griner, someone that plays like Candice Parker, Maya Moore etc) My one tip is to set everyone's dunk ratings to 25 other than Griner, and I'd make hers low as well. Verticals should also be pretty low.
Yeah I've already given the league a global edit of a 25 dunk rating and a 40 veritable.
Griner has a 60 dunk rating and a 70 tendency. She will dunk occasionally and will miss them occasionally so I think that rating is good.
If I gave her a 45 or something she'd would dunk maybe 5-10% of the times and IRL she can pretty much dunk whenever she wants
Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Ill take it... Why not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
All Star

beast10's Arena

Ok 3/12 Teams done.
probably going to try to get about 5-7 done tomorrow and then I'm leaving for a cruise.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

Only got to finish one team today and I'm about go to sleep since my flight leaves at 6 in the morning
So I got --
Atlanta Dream
Chicago Sky
Conneticut Sun
Indiana Fever

Next up Los Angeles Sparks.
& I'm watching a CPU bs CPU game (Sun @ Fever) will post some results.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
All Star

beast10's Arena

game was a regulation 40 minutes...
Conn Sun --
Tina Charles recorded a double double with 17 points along with 12 rebounds and 5 assist.
Everybody else was a non factor besides Renne Montgomery who scored 10 points in 11 minutes of action (3-7)
Kara Lawson didn't shoot well and turned the ball over 6 times.

Indiana Fever --
Tamika Catchings went for 21 points off 7-17 shooting and added 6 rebounds.
S. Zellous hit 15 points including 2 threes and shot 6-9 from the field.
Erlana Larkins had 10 rebounds.

FINAL SCORE: 63-55 Fever
These two teams are in the bottom 6 for scoring IRL so I can accept this low scoring game but will have to edit coaching profiles more.
& also, just like IRL, both these teams shoot under 40% which they did here & the steal numbers came out accurately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »