Home

Idea fo NCAA 15: "Trap Game" (Long Sorry)

This is a discussion on Idea fo NCAA 15: "Trap Game" (Long Sorry) within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4
Idea fo NCAA 15: "Trap Game" (Long Sorry)

I was thinking playing the game and I was thinking about this. Let me know what yall think. My idea for a trap game in NCAA 15 is something like this; every so often in your dynasty (every couple of years) I think it would be fun if there was a trap game. Lets say that you are alabama and ranked number 1 and you have to play lsu who is #2. You win the game. The next week you play a three or four loss Mizz or Vandy team. My idea is that at the beginning of the game, Vandy has a +5 overall ratings boost for their entire team and Bama has a -5 overall rating for the entire team. Vandy comes out and plays outstanding and Bama has to weather the storm. The ratings boost will continue through the whole game unless bama can build a 14 point lead. When that happens, ratings return to normal, but if vandy every gets within 14 the boost comes back. I was also thinking this would be the same way if the user is vandy and it could work in the useres favor. I don't know just thought it might be kind of fun. They could also have new commentary with Reese that calls in a trap game in the pregame.

PS Sorry about the length
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Rookie

TennVols's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Idea fo NCAA 15: "Trap Game" (Long Sorry)

You mean College Football 15 :P
Old 07-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm pretty sure this is already programmed into the game. In fact I think it has been since last gen. Pure speculation, but I'm pretty sure it's there after playing so many dynasties over the years and constantly running into that one game where everything just goes wrong.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

This is a good idea. I like it. I like it alot.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4

Remind me to proofread next time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm doing a Dynasty with South Carolina, and after week one of the Georgia/Clemson game, we played Georgia and Aaron Murray came out and played like butt, Gurley kept fumbling, Shaw kept breaking tackles, and I found a lot of blown coverages, and I have also experienced similar thing in previous years.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the idea. It's a good launching off point. I wonder if this could be something tied to coach XP. I recall Bob Stoops used to be known as "Big Game Bob" because his team played up to their competition, but since the 2003 Big12 CG and subsequently the NC loss to LSU and blowout loss to USC in the 2004 NC, OU has been dubbed Chokelahoma.

With "Big Game Bob" in mind, the game should not only track records of Top 25 games, night games, BCS games, bowl games, home games, rivalry games, etc. but a "team/coach chemistry" rating based on the aforementioned track records.

The one thing I could point to of why Big Game Bob went to Chokelahoma was the loss of defensive coordinator Mike Stoops in 2003. Coaching changes (aside from recruiting) generally create the ups and downs, or mood swings of a team.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm pretty sure this is already programmed into the game. In fact I think it has been since last gen. Pure speculation, but I'm pretty sure it's there after playing so many dynasties over the years and constantly running into that one game where everything just goes wrong.
I think it's fairly random as of now, but his suggestion is to make it happen at certain, specific times.

I like the idea, BTW. Maybe if you're in the top 25, it'd be the week after winning a top 25 vs top 25 matchup, provided that matchup was against a bad team?

you could also have something similar happen before a big matchup, say an Alabama-Troy game that comes a week before Alabama-Auburn or something.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »