Home

WARNING: Serious draft class glitch (PS3)

This is a discussion on WARNING: Serious draft class glitch (PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WARNING: Serious draft class glitch (PS3)

Hey all,

I've discovered a serious glitch with draft classes. Yes, I will be posting this in the glitches section, but I also wanted to warn people who "think" they have thirty draft classes ready to roll when Madden comes out...but actually only have one.

If you just play one dynasty, never starting over, etc, then you should be fine.

But if you're like me...simming to 2019 or whatever and then deciding to start over, you may have a serious problem with your draft classes.

Each year, I export my draft classes and name it after the year. So the first draft class file is "2013." Second draft class is "2014." Etc. Easy to do, easy to remember when Madden comes out and I'm trying to figure out which class to import.

But here's the problem: I had draft classes up to 2019. Then I decided to try something different, so I started a new dynasty.

At the end of the year, I discovered a problem. I'd tell it to save over the 2013 draft class...but it would actually say it was saving over 2019. I double checked that I had hit the right draft class. I had. I was able to duplicate it over and over.

Clicking "new file" or "New draft class" or whatever and then naming it "2013" will save over it just fine. But just scrolling down to 2013 and trying to save over it will only save over your most recent draft class.

tl;dr Attempting to save over a draft class does not work properly. It saves over the most recent draft class, NOT the one that you select. Workaround is to type out the name of the draft class again. Then it will save over properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WARNING: Serious draft class glitch (PS3)

Great example of a time when a bug/glitch deserves its own thread! Thanks for sharing this!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't really think this is a big deal, I'm not sure it deserves it's own thread
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I don't really think this is a big deal, I'm not sure it deserves it's own thread
This glitch/bug could cost someone days of work saving draft classes.. its a really big deal.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
This glitch/bug could cost someone days of work saving draft classes.. its a really big deal.
I honestly thought you were being facetious when you posted the first time.

Can't you save each class with a unique name? I only ever played Madden once with imported classes, and it was a few years ago so maybe I'm misremembering, but I think I saved my classes as Team I'm Playing as followed by Year (So like WMU10, WMU11, and so forth. Maybe I'm wrong, this was 3-4 years ago)
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

I think you should re-read the first post TDenver.. I don't think you're understanding what the glitch is. He did name the draft classes differently.. but the glitch is if you go to overwrite one of the draft classes, it doesn't overwrite the one you pick.. it overwrites the most recent one.

I guess that wouldn't really cost you days of work like I said.. but still its pretty significant of a glitch/bug.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bleed green has it right. Yes, you can name the classes differently...but if you try to overwrite a class, it overwrites the wrong one.

This could cost someone days of work/play/whatever you want to call it, depending on how they play. It certainly would've cost me, if I hadn't just happened to catch that it was overwriting the wrong class.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Delete old Saved files then save new ones... problem fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »