Home

Georgia Tech

This is a discussion on Georgia Tech within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Georgia Tech

Played them last night on Heisman level... no idea how to SLOW them down let alone stop them! Can anyone offer any advice on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Georgia Tech

Crash blitz the opposite side of the star HB, set the DE and OLB on the other side to contain.

If you guess correctly, the crash will get in the backfield and blow up the play. If you guess wrong, your contain players will hopefully slow down the play enough for the blitzers to catch the QB/HB from behind.

If it's a pass.... well, better hope the safeties know how to tackle!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Played them last night on Heisman level... no idea how to SLOW them down let alone stop them! Can anyone offer any advice on this?
Do your best to get an early lead. Their offense is not good playing behind the field because it tends to eat a lot of clock and then they will be forced to pass more.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Unfortunately the CPU playcalling A.I. is very 1 dimensional with triple option teams. They only run triple option plays and virtually never run sweeps, speed options, quick options, counters, powers or regular dives. And thus a very 1 dimensional gameplan can slow them down.

1) Set option to cover QB.

2) Call a cover-0 blitz on every obvious running down.

3) pre-snap set defense key to run middle. and then pray.

YOU WILL get beat by the few random pass attempts they throw but will keep them in 3rd and long routinely with this setup.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

When the pitch man is in motion, run commit to that side. Haven't tried it myself, but 4-4 would probably work well.

Last edited by GruffyMcGuiness; 07-23-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0

As a die-hard Georgia Tech fan, I absolutey LOVE that GT is giving people fits in this game. I had a sneaky smile on my face while reading this thread.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
When there's the pitch man is in motion, run commit to that side. Haven't tried it myself, but 4-4 would probably work well.
When you set the option to cover the QB. They will give on the dive 100% of the time.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
As a die-hard Georgia Tech fan, I absolutey LOVE that GT is giving people fits in this game. I had a sneaky smile on my face while reading this thread.

I've not tried playinig them yet but its good to see as the last few years the offense has been way to easy to stop. When in real life all u can really do is slow it down and like someone said hope to get them from playing behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »