Home

Women vs. Xbox and Playstation

This is a discussion on Women vs. Xbox and Playstation within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

Lonestar Outlaw's Arena

OVR: 6
Women vs. Xbox and Playstation

This thread was started because I know I'm not the only one whose wife or girlfriend nags because we all play Xbox or Playstation. For some reason women have a problem with this, and I myself only play a total of 4-5 hours a week. This thread is asking all guys how they deal with their significant other nagging at them while they are playing Xbox or Playstation. I can't wait to see all the different responses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Women vs. Xbox and Playstation

My gf lives with me, so I accommodate. I watch a few episodes of her favorite programs on Netflix, and she lets me on the PS3 afterwards with no complaints.

It's all about compromise when it comes to the woman you love.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I divorced mine....................

Old 07-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

My gf doesn't really like it at all, but I just make her watch my OD games :P
Old 07-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar Outlaw
This thread was started because I know I'm not the only one whose wife or girlfriend nags because we all play Xbox or Playstation. For some reason women have a problem with this, and I myself only play a total of 4-5 hours a week. This thread is asking all guys how they deal with their significant other nagging at them while they are playing Xbox or Playstation. I can't wait to see all the different responses.

Dude said it best^^ Its all about compromise I'm 20 so I may be a little bit younger than you guys but If its a stay in night me and my GF will watch a few hours of Netflix or just a movie then she'll hang around and watch me play skyrim or something, just gotta meet her halfway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

You have to find common ground. I agree to only play when she is at work, she is a nurse who works night shift 3 days a week. I am able to play after the kids go to bed. I can get in a few games each week. I'm happy because I still get to play now and then, my wife is happy because I don't take away from family time when she is home.

You need to work something out with her. Have set times where you can play a few games while she does something she likes. It is like anything else in a relationship, you have to work together to create some common ground that she finds acceptable.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

I just tell her to deal with it lol. I don't get much time in elsewhere and that's my happy place. It never nags, and most always satisfies me.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

You just have a good one. Priority #1 when finding a gf has to be their gaming tolerance.

I recently found a keeper. My fiance lets me play Xbox without complaints. As mentioned, there are certainly compromises. Go shopping a couple times, watch ABC family every now and then, or even pretend that she is right every once in awhile.

In the end, if you find a girl that does not mind you gaming 5 days a week, marry her. That is my message on the subject.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »