Home

Multiple RBs

This is a discussion on Multiple RBs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
The Duke

uQuickSix's Arena

OVR: 0
Multiple RBs

Just a quick question: I have three (two Seniors, one Junior) RBs who are all rated in the 90's. Is there a playbook (or a way, at least) that utilizes three backs but still operates a decently balanced offense?

I've look around the forum for an answer already and couldn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Re: Multiple RBs

Air Force and their plethora of triple-option plays. Just sub in a HB in place of the FB or TE in a custom playbook.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

BiloxiSmitty's Arena

OVR: 6

Maybe go to your playbook and adjust different formations for different running backs, ie I-formation tight for your power back, etc.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10

Nothing comes to mind other than GA Tech and other option playbooks like that, I never use them so there are probably quite a few I don't know about.

What I do to utilize 2 or 3 rbs is set formation subs, you get a good balance.
In my online dynasty I am UGA so I have Gurley in for I-form, ace, and other under center formations. Then for shotgun plays I have Marshall. You can always sub them in from the play call menu in game if you'd like. Hope this helps.

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop
Old 07-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakePlaysOrDie
Nothing comes to mind other than GA Tech and other option playbooks like that, I never use them so there are probably quite a few I don't know about.

What I do to utilize 2 or 3 rbs is set formation subs, you get a good balance.
In my online dynasty I am UGA so I have Gurley in for I-form, ace, and other under center formations. Then for shotgun plays I have Marshall. You can always sub them in from the play call menu in game if you'd like. Hope this helps.
This.

For these situations formation subs are your best friend. Choose whatever offensive playbook suits you, then sub the Individual players into different formations. Whatever fits their style best. Power backs into I-forms, speed backs to Spread looks, etc.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Eagle34's Arena

If you have split shotgun, put two of your RBs in it. Put your stronger guys in two TE sets under center, the I, or even shotgun formations with lead blockers. The faster RB needs to be in 3 or 4 WR sets. Also sub him into the slot for passes or even jet sweeps/options.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
Rookie

ulukinatme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
Air Force and their plethora of triple-option plays. Just sub in a HB in place of the FB or TE in a custom playbook.
This.

Another option is Split Backs and then let the CPU sub as a back gets tired. I run a lot of Shotgun with Split Backs. It's in Oregon's playbook, among other teams. I like the Shovel Option, Read Option, and Triple Option you can run out of this set, very effective. Even if you only keep 2 of these backs on the field, if you run enough then eventually at least one of the players will sub out on a drive to bring a fresh guy in, so you don't necessarily need all 3 on the field at once!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
Rookie

kolson82's Arena

There's a formation I love to run out of the Pistol called Full House. Some really good plays that allow you to utilize all of your RBs. Or two Rbs and a FB/TE. Good formation, especially in goaline settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »