Home

99's Not Showing Up as Potential Draftees?

This is a discussion on 99's Not Showing Up as Potential Draftees? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10
99's Not Showing Up as Potential Draftees?

I always play a few Dynasties before Madden comes out to try to piece together the best possible draft class to port over. I've noticed that several players ranked anywhere from 95-99 not listed with a potential round to be drafted in, while others ranked 89-92 showing up with a potential round to be drafted in.

This seems weird to me. It's concerning in particular because I managed to get my personal created QB to a 99 and he didn't show a potential round to be drafted in. I've had this happen in previous versions and lo and behold, my guy didn't port to Madden. Anybody have this happen and know (or have any suggestions) on what I can do to fix this? I've gone through two Dynasties so far and have had this happen both times.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 99's Not Showing Up as Potential Draftees?

Some of it has to do with size I believe. I mean think about it for a guy like Kellen Moore. He definitely would have been a high 90s overall for a college game, but went undrafted because of his size and arm strength. But in NCAA he would have a very high accuracy and very high awareness putting him up there in ratings.

I think the game takes it into play a little bit, but I'm not sure all the factors that go into determining if a guy is going to be drafted and when.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Just cause he is a 99 in NCAA doesn't mean he is automatically a good NFL prospect.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I guess if it really bothers you, at the end of the season edit your 99 ovr senior to 6'5'' and get the guy into the NFL that way. That's the only workaround I see possibly working as height seemingly plays a major factor, if not THE factor for the draft.

On the subject, does getting a player drafted do anything for your school's prestige? I always wondered...
Old 07-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Size is definitely a factor. A guy like Venric Mark at 5-8 or his teammate Kain Colter as a 6 feet QB may have higher overalls than other players at his position, but I haven't seen them get drafted purely because of size. When I shrunk Johnny Manziel to 6-0 (and that's being nice because the guy is shorter than that), he wasn't showing up as being draft eligible either. Logically, I understand why the developers did that because you rarely see those short guys who have excellent college careers making it in the NFL. How many of those mobile 6-0 QBs have we seen in college who even get drafted in the NFL? It doesn't happen that much. But we all know about the exceptions (ie Brees, Wilson). Hard to create that appropriate balance

Last edited by kodawg9; 07-29-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10
Okay guys, thanks for the suggestions. That puts things into perspective for me. The sorry thing is that my QB is 6'4" heh. R. Moncrief, it may not necessarily upgrade your prestige, but one of the recruiting aspects is "pro factory" and you get points to level up your coach. The higher round your players get drafted, the more XP you get.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »