Home

Can You Help An Old School OSer?

This is a discussion on Can You Help An Old School OSer? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Exclamation Can You Help An Old School OSer?

(NOTE: To Mods & Admins - I cleared this with Steve via Twitter... Hope it's not a big deal)

Hey Folks!

If you don't know me, my name is Clay Shaver and my history here at OS is... well... a long one. I was one of the original staffers here a life time ago. I'm a Senior Editor, wrote close to 100 reviews and feature pieces, made the first OS trip to E3, and, well, did more than my share of scrapping here in the forums.

With my resume out of the way... please indulge me for a quick second...

This Fall I'm running my first marathon with an amazing team from World Vision in an effort to raise money to bring clean water to parts of the world that need it most. The statistics are daunting and horrifying, especially as a parent, on the number of children who die every day simply because they don't have access to clean, reliable drinking water. Meanwhile, here in the states, we have cleaner water in our toilets than they do on their best day.

(Oh boy... here it comes....)

So I've committed to raising $1310 dollar ($50 for each mile of the marathon) before the race. $50 in that part of the world will provide clean water for a person for their entire life. The same $50 dollars that you'd spend on dinner and a movie.... a night of drinks.... hell... less than a new game.... for that $50 you can literally save someone's life.

If you're interested in making a tax-deductible donation, please visit my personal fund-raising page: http://team.worldvision.org/goto/remodelingclay

I know I'm not the most active member of the OS Community these days (yes... I'm a 40 year old father now...), but as someone whose spent over a decade with this group, I know it's full of amazing, generous folks.

Please consider making a donation. $5, $10, $25.... whatever you can do helps!

THANKS!!!

Clay Shaver (The artist formerly known as Clay_OS)

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Can You Help An Old School OSer?

Nice work. Hope you reach your goal.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

I spent almost 2 years in the Middle East and it's amazing how many little things we take for granted in our day-to-day lives; for example, clean water. Once you see a small child struggle with life because of something as basic as water, it really makes you rethink your worries.

I can't afford much, but I'm happy my $ is goin help out a kid.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I hope you meet your goal unfortunately, I don't have a credit card so I can't give but I would if I could.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
I spent almost 2 years in the Middle East and it's amazing how many little things we take for granted in our day-to-day lives; for example, clean water. Once you see a small child struggle with life because of something as basic as water, it really makes you rethink your worries.

I can't afford much, but I'm happy my $ is goin help out a kid.
Really appreciate it!

Every dollar counts.

When I first made the decision to support this cause, the first thing I did was walk around my house and count the places where I can get clean drinking water. It's amazing! Sinks. Showers. Hoses. We run clean water into our toilets, dishwashers and clothes washing machines. Meanwhile, there are parts of the work where they're forced to drink the same water than the steer crap in.

Humbling.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I hope you meet your goal unfortunately, I don't have a credit card so I can't give but I would if I could.
A check could be mailed... Just saying, there's other options.

I think it's great that you're doing this, Clay. $50 is a ridiculously small price to pay in saving an innocent child's life.

I know this is going to sound offensive, although that is not my intent, but I really hope we crush your goal of $1,300+ here in this thread. That will take a lot some manning up by the community here, so I challenge everyone here to really ask yourself if a mere 50 dollars is too much to donate to give a kid clean drinking water for life.

You can't even buy a used copy of NCAA Football 2014 for 50 dollars.

Let's get it done, OS. I'm not trying to guilt people here and am only trying to help.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaver
** sob story sob story **

So I've committed to raising $1310...

** explanation explanation **

If you're interested in making a tax-deductible donation, please visit my personal fund-raising page: http://team.worldvision.org/goto/remodelingclay

** pretends like he cares as he never comes back until he tells another sob story **

Ooooh no, I've heard these scam artists before. Next thing you'll want us to do is Evan us into giving you relationship advice. Well I have an oceanside property in Fresno for you, buddy!

Ha, just kidding. I'd gladly make a donation if PayPal was accepted. I know I could get off my lazy *** and mail something to you, but hopefully I get to be the unlazy one if you want something to give.

Hope you fill up that donation, and it's good to see you back time to time!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 08-02-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
A check could be mailed... Just saying, there's other options.
I didn't see the check option, thanks.

EDIT: I still don't see it.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »