Home

Old 08-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HH Charlie Ward

I wanted to get any some opinions from people who have used Charlie Ward. I have spent the better part of the week looking at his card and and I hesitant still to buy him (I am that wealthy in the game. I am currently using my 91 Gold Mike Vick but I feel that Ward would be better suited for him. Basically is he a good rush QB and how is his accuracy, I know his stats on his card but I like to hear from people who have experience with him. Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: HH Charlie Ward

I am selling Ultimate Team coins on ebay or through paypal! Message me if interested! I am on xbox and my GT is nVy Lethal!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7
Ware is a all around better version of him, so is Doug Flutie. Don't waste coins on him.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

He's not bad. Never used Vick, or any LH QB for that matter, so I can't compare him in that way.

But I can compare him to Andre Ware as I have used both. His full ratings are a touch below Ware's, so I use Ware with Ward as my backup (I won Ward on a last second bid for 4500ish a while back).
Ware is a almost like a RB playing QB without the Trucking (61 TRK, 99 STR, 87 ELU, 99 CAR). Ward is not (72 TRK, 70 ELU, 69 STR, 24 SFA, 17 SPM, 22 JKM, 44 CAR). Ward can't take hits, isn't as strong and his CAR rating is only 44, so he is liable to fumble.
But his THA is better, but I've never really been able to tell a huge difference on anything between 85 and 95 THA.

Their OVR are both 96, but Ward's only advantage is THA, 91 to 88. I have to suggest Ware. He will cost a little more, but his cost continues to drop. If you time it right he can be had for under 10k as I've seen him for that on BIN a couple of times now.

If you're a fan of Ward, then get him. He's great. But if you just want the best guy for about the same price, Ware is it.

Last edited by crowhop; 08-09-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Personally I would go with Cam over Ward. I bought Ward for 5k and I tried him for one game, he just wasn't getting the job done compared to Cam. In that game he also got hurt. But in the 15 games I played with Cam he never got hurt. That's my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
Rookie

ZackMc72's Arena

Ware > Ward imo.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Ware > any QB in my opinion. I pulled 3 or 4 HH Vicks and an RGIII, but sold them all because their values are so much more than Ware's. I also pulled a Ware, so I didn't have to spend anything to get him. Ended up getting the HW of Ware and I'm very glad I did (75k market value for Vick and 200k for RGIII compared to 10k for Ware; very similar stats, but selling 3-4 Vicks put me at 225k-300k plus the 200k from RGIII. I was able to snag some better players at other positions, improving my overall team, and keeping still a very good QB under center).

Not sure if any of you watch Wyza's YouTube videos on NFUT, but he uses Ware, and some of his highlights are insane. 3+ broken tackles a play with solid speed. For around 10k, you might not find a more complete QB in this game.

Now I have not played with Flutie yet (I'm trying to snipe him for around 3-5k; not THAT interested to use his HW since I have Ware), but I have heard that Flutie is a pretty solid choice. I know he is pretty fast with a good arm, but I'm not sure about his CAR, STR, etc.

Like a poster said above, Ware is basically a HB playing the QB position. I will continue to use Ware unless I pull a QB with off-the-chart better stats that I just can't pass up to play.

Long story short, go with Ware.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ive had no luck with Ware. He just seems to be mediocre for me. HH Vick has treated me pretty well. He's really strong. He constantly breaks tackles and consequently rumbles for 30+ yds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »