Home

how to get realistic bookings?

This is a discussion on how to get realistic bookings? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
how to get realistic bookings?

I've played 20 games in career on default professional settings and have only seen 4 yellow cards and no red cards. Some older threads said this was an issue so I have 2 questions:

1. Was there ever a solution like some slider setting I could change?

2. If not, does anyone use a "house rule" to get stats in this area more realistic such as slide tackling until you get a couple or somthing like that?

It is annoying that this isn't happening. If EA doesn't fix this in 14, hopefully they will add a slider so players can adjust it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: how to get realistic bookings?

It's been discussed here a number of times. If you have the PC version, it's a fairly easy thing to globally edit player ratings, ref strictness and team aggression to greatly improve fouls and cards. The CPU will regularly commit 15-25 fouls and several cards a game against me using a particularly highly-edited, high-aggression db I created. But on the console? No fix unless you edit players individually -- pretty much impossible. Here's something I posted a few weeks back; I'm York City playing against CPU Everton, after 45 minutes of play (10 minutes halfs):

Old 08-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
If EA doesn't fix this in 14
I wouldn't hold your breath, both FIFA and EA's NHL series have had this issue for years. Both games are designed for up-and-down, back-and-forth attack-focused gameplay. And without all those annoying and boring momentum-killing stoppages in play... you know, like in real life.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

You beat me to it Yeats, lol.

It's like he said, play the PC version. I've had more fouls called on the other team over the course of three games than I've had in an entire season.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
I've played 20 games in career on default professional settings
Just saw this: Again and like their NHL series, you'll see very few if any fouls/penalties in EA's games unless you play on the highest difficulty setting. The screenshot I posted was on Legendary difficulty. When I drop down to World Class using the same roster and slider settings, the number of CPU fouls and cards drops by maybe 70%, the difference is that extreme.

Last edited by Yeats; 08-14-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
It's like he said, play the PC version.
I stopped playing FIFA after FIFA 10 because of this issue and a couple others. I finally bought a gaming PC in 2012 along with FIFA 12, and my Xbox 360 hasn't been out of my closet in two years now. Never goin' back.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
It's been discussed here a number of times. If you have the PC version, it's a fairly easy thing to globally edit player ratings, ref strictness and team aggression to greatly improve fouls and cards. The CPU will regularly commit 15-25 fouls and several cards a game against me using a particularly highly-edited, high-aggression db I created. But on the console? No fix unless you edit players individually -- pretty much impossible. Here's something I posted a few weeks back; I'm York City playing against CPU Everton, after 45 minutes of play (10 minutes halfs):
I was wondering this myself actually.

Also, they seem to foul and get away with it, they slided my player and he flipped over, no foul. But, if I even nudged them too aggressively, it's a foul :s
Old 08-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frappuccino
they seem to foul and get away with it, they slided my player and he flipped over, no foul. But, if I even nudged them too aggressively, it's a foul :s
The problem is the default game settings and jacked-up player ratings override and nullify the game's foul programming. The fouls are there, it's just a matter of re-adjusting aspects of the gameplay in order to give the foul programming a chance kick in so to speak. Once the game is slowed down (lower speed and agility), once players can be pushed and tripped (lower strength and balance ratings), and once defenders aren't perfect tacklers (lower tackle ratings), the fouls start to show up. Fouls aren't called otherwise because the default game moves much too fast and plays way too vertical to even allow players a chance to foul each other.

Last edited by Yeats; 08-14-2013 at 06:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »