Home

FIFA 14 Career Mode Hands-On Preview and New Features Revealed

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Career Mode Hands-On Preview and New Features Revealed within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

stormjr's Arena

OVR: 1
FIFA 14 Career Mode Hands-On Preview and New Features Revealed

Futhead has posted their FIFA 14 Career Mode hands-on preview and have revealed some new features. They talk about the fundamentals, user interface, options, global transfer network, transfers, audio, youth academy, player growth and much more.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 14 - Career Mode

Some good stuff there. Good to see EA respond to requests to add an option to disable the first transfer window. Harsher in-game fatigue sounds good, but I'll believe its impact when I see it. I really like the idea of having to scout existing players to see accurate ratings. Redesigned menus are also a plus, as the old ones were quite clunky after the additions of the past two years.

The only thing in there that concerns me is "more subtle" player growth, but that's rather subjective. I didn't have a long-running CM this year, so I'm not sure what the issues were with 13's model.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Sounds good, but please tell me they added an option to turn firings off.
I want to both win and lose games. But I don't want to be fired and have my entire Career Mode ruined because I didn't win every single title available. I want to be able to play all 15 (?) years with the same club and never win a single title. This is possible in every other EA Sports game if I'm not mistaken, so why not in Fifa?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
The only thing in there that concerns me is "more subtle" player growth, but that's rather subjective. I didn't have a long-running CM this year, so I'm not sure what the issues were with 13's model.
I know that young players gained an inordinate number of ratings points after just a few matches. If a player breathed air his overall went up basically. There were also complaints that created players all became superstars in a short period of time, an obvious glitch that maybe EA fixed.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Scheduling needs to be fixed desperately. A day between matches is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »