Home

10 years and an entire console generation, 2k5 still the champ

This is a discussion on 10 years and an entire console generation, 2k5 still the champ within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
10 years and an entire console generation, 2k5 still the champ

I mean, Madden 25 is okay. the graphics are good, minus the jacked up jerseys and special ed helmets. the lighting is beautiful, as is the field if you get close enough to it. the franchise mode is hit or miss, i personally don't like the clunky XP system. give me potential/coach ratings/player's performance to determine player development please. OR, give me an actual practicegameplan schedule, a la 2k5, just make it actually work. Like Lead Blocker in Madden 07, EA is making the player do this instead of having the game do it for you hands off, like it should have been.

but gameplay? Madden still has that detached feeling. 2k5, aside from spin move glitch, drops and some coverage issues, it plays better. IMO it looks overall as good as madden because there's no glaring, freak show issues to bring down the department as a whole. Sound is better, On field chatter has context, commentary has context, crowd noise is better. Presentation is better, replays actually make sense.

Man, i don't know what other game has been the standard as long as 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 10 years and an entire console generation, 2k5 still the champ

10 years later and no true halftime show... nuff said
Old 08-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

I will say, I find it stunning how little actual progress has been made to Madden in 10 years.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I bought Madden 25 mainly because my son plays it and I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket. I was watching him play (he's strictly online) and honestly couldn't see a difference in how the gameplay presented from earlier Madden editions. I'm considering more and more to get a 360 for myself and learn how to get the custom rosters ported to it (can't be that tough) as well as for NHL 2K10, since guys are making rosters for that as well and it is honestly one of the better offline hockey games, with the proper tweaks, that I've ever played.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

I popped in 2k5 (PS3, BC) and besides the dated stadiums and graphics, I agree. It still more closely resembles a TV broadcast than anything Madden has done.

And the gameplay------wow, just wow. I tend to forget over time just how amazing this game is. I LOVE watching replays here as opposed to Madden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

By far one the best playing football games ever. Does anybody know if they are making any roster updates for the APF 2k8 for the up coming season? I know they did some last year 2k13.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea 2k5 is Pretty Good, but Im really thinking of getting a 360 and Hex editing 2k8. THATS the Best Onfield game.. With 2k5 being 2ed.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I used to be a 2k5 junkie and roster maker.A few years ago I converted to Madden because I found it acceptable and 2k5 was starting to feel a little dated.I play from time to time and find it refreshing to actually see penalties that work,challenges and especially player movement and interaction.It really tempts me to go back altogether.The graphics on a bigger,nicer television are pretty bad at this point as opposed to back then.That's really the biggest negative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »