Home

Just played a bogus MUT season game

This is a discussion on Just played a bogus MUT season game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Just played a bogus MUT season game

Closely contested game and I was down by a touchdown, late in the fourth qtr. I call a play action pass to a wide open Heyward Bey. TD. Overtime. Ok. My opponent gets the ball first and I was able to pick off a pass he was literally throwing all game. The WR curl. So I am back to pass, and scramble (I have Aaron Rodgers) and still looking for a receiver, then find one and a big play gets called back for an illegal touching..WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the most garbage call! So then I throw a pick, whatever. My opponent had McCoy and he gained about 12 yards. So we're on the 33 yard line and my opponent calls that WR curl again. All of a sudden my CB reacts slow as hell, mind you this is Deion Sanders now. I swapped him over to cover Justin Blackmon. And he catches the ball and walks in the endzone for a game over.

Key WTF moments..

Why on earth are lineman as fast as cornerbacks? Is this in MUT or is this in the entire game? I picked off my opponent 5 times and 2 times I should have been in the clear, but no, a lineman pursuits from behind and makes the tackle on a CB!!! Really?

And that illegal touching call? One of the major plays get called back.

And how is it that the AI reacts like actual NFL players would in key moments in games to all of a sudden have no clue, mind you a Hall of Fame CB. I played man coverage, which was best skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Just played a bogus MUT season game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Closely contested game and I was down by a touchdown, late in the fourth qtr. I call a play action pass to a wide open Heyward Bey. TD. Overtime. Ok. My opponent gets the ball first and I was able to pick off a pass he was literally throwing all game. The WR curl. So I am back to pass, and scramble (I have Aaron Rodgers) and still looking for a receiver, then find one and a big play gets called back for an illegal touching..WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the most garbage call! So then I throw a pick, whatever. My opponent had McCoy and he gained about 12 yards. So we're on the 33 yard line and my opponent calls that WR curl again. All of a sudden my CB reacts slow as hell, mind you this is Deion Sanders now. I swapped him over to cover Justin Blackmon. And he catches the ball and walks in the endzone for a game over.

Key WTF moments..

Why on earth are lineman as fast as cornerbacks? Is this in MUT or is this in the entire game? I picked off my opponent 5 times and 2 times I should have been in the clear, but no, a lineman pursuits from behind and makes the tackle on a CB!!! Really?

And how is it that the AI reacts like actual NFL players would in key moments in games to all of a sudden have no clue, mind you a Hall of Fame CB. I played man coverage, which was best skill.
Speed threshold cures the issue with the lineman being fast. Also Illegal Touching says you can't be the first one to touch the ball if you go out of bounds. Your WR must have stepped out before you threw to him.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Pro

Is that a setting that can be changed online? Thus was a mut online season game. I know what the call is tho I can't even dispute if the receiver went out or not. I just thought it was hella weak to hv that call when I was just getting some momentum in the game.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Old 09-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
I just thought it was hella weak to hv that call when I was just getting some momentum in the game.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Like in a real football game?

Just gotta pay more attentions to your WRs.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Is that a setting that can be changed online? Thus was a mut online season game. I know what the call is tho I can't even dispute if the receiver went out or not. I just thought it was hella weak to hv that call when I was just getting some momentum in the game.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Since the call doesn't happen much in real life, I don't know if it is challengeable.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
Like in a real football game?

Just gotta pay more attentions to your WRs.
I highly doubt madden players are spending any time watching if receivers are going out of bounds. It was a standard cross route run. How did the receiver get out of bounds to cross back in to the field of play I will never know. It was just a weird call at the most unwanted time. I was more frustrated with the slow reaction of defenders.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:

Key WTF moments..

First time ever playing madden ever eh?

That craps been happening since 06
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
Pro

First time playing online since madden 10 @saint. Makes me not want to go back online but I'll play a few more games. It was the first time I ever seen an illegal touchin call tho.

Sent from my SPH-L710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »