Home

Are there sliders that would fix lack of fumbles and being #1 in Rush D?

This is a discussion on Are there sliders that would fix lack of fumbles and being #1 in Rush D? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Are there sliders that would fix lack of fumbles and being #1 in Rush D?

These are the two things that I just can't seem to "deal with" when I look at an otherwise very enjoyable NCAA Football video game this year.

I would think that lowering RB ability might cause more fumbles, but...

4 years into my dynasty and whether I'm in the MAC or the Big Ten I have a top 5 ranked run D every year. And that's on 10-minute quarters. My pass D averages around 100-110th in the nation and honestly I don't think i'm that good at rush D and that bad at pass D, in either playcalling or on the sticks.

So it occurs to me that maybe just editing all the coaches' sliders to encourage more runs would create less pass attempts and more rush attempts, and then maybe I'd see more fumbles? I'd rather not do that, but if that's the answer then I guess I will, but I also don't want to have to do that for every new coach in dynasty.

I'm definitely not going to lower a bunch of CAR ratings for offensive players (and partly because there would be a lot of this with the WR recruits when they come in with 90s for CAR rating)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are there sliders that would fix lack of fumbles and being #1 in Rush D?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html

I am not promising you fumbles, but if you set your strip to aggressive you have a better chance.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Not much that can be done about the fumbles my friend.

I can help you with being #1 in rush defense. Lower user tackle and up cpu running ability, I recommend 25 for tackle and 90 for rba. Or you could just plug my set in and go from there.

In year 2, with Ole Miss having a 95 ovr defense I gave up over 200 yds rushing in numerous game, I gave up 300 in one game and I'm a defensive guy. I haven't finished in the top 10 of rushing defense for two years straight now. I'm hoping that will change in year 3 with a much stronger front 7.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Skundy if you see this:

How do you see the CPU gain that many yards? Is it a broken-tackle fest, or are they leaving jock straps all over the field with juke and spin moves?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Its a variety really. I haven't once felt that I was being cheated by the amount of broken tackles. The cpu just runs with a lot more authority than default.

I've had the smaller/shiftier backs juke me out of my shoes and I've had the bruisers run with a more smash mouth style. Got burnt bad with the read option by some of the faster qb's too. The games I gave up a lot of yards the cpu ran the ball 30+ times.

In year 3 now that I've built up my front 7 I'm not giving up as many yards on the ground but the cpu still runs with authority. I just gave up 159 yds to Vandy on 24 carries. Currently, 4 games in, my rush defense is ranked 11th, giving up 112 yds a game. I haven't played any good run teams though. I've played Memphis, Tenn, Florida, Vandy. I held Florida to 92 yds on 29 carries but that's because they were passing a lot in the 2nd playing catch up.

Also to note my defense forced 2 fumbles in my last game against Vandy, it didn't happen a lot in the first 2 years but maybe it will happen more often this year with my stouter defense. I've posted the results of 2 seasons in my thread you can see the stats for yourself.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 09-22-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

With sliders, the only way I ever get the ai to put up decent rushing numbers is if I boost their stats until they average 8+ yds/att which is a bit ridiculous. The ai just doesnt like running the football which is quite frustrating as it makes defense so predictable.

The only way I've found to fix this is to edit the coach I'm about to play to make them favor the run quite a bit more. After the game, I just set them back to where they were before so the sim results dont get more messed up than normal.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
Rookie

skundy's Arena

I would have to disagree with you aerovt. With my set (user tckl 25, cpu RBA 90) the cpu runs with authority but is not overpowering. I have not touched any of the coaching sliders except the substitution.

I went back and looked at my stats from games I posted and the highest ypc that I saw was 7.2. That was against Auburn and it was rough, they put up 382 on the ground on 53 carries. Only game that has happened too.

The cpu won't run the ball if they can't have at least some success with it. Unless of course you are playing a pass heavy team.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

You will not be #1 in Rush D if you use my sliders lol promise you that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »