Home

EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

This is a discussion on EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2
EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

Here is the official statement from EA Sports:

Quote:
"Today I am sad to announce that we will not be publishing a new college football game next year, and we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise. This is as profoundly disappointing to the people who make this game as I expect it will be for the millions who enjoy playing it each year. I’d like to explain a couple of the factors that brought us to this decision.

We have been stuck in the middle of a dispute between the NCAA and student-athletes who seek compensation for playing college football. Just like companies that broadcast college games and those that provide equipment and apparel, we follow rules that are set by the NCAA – but those rules are being challenged by some student-athletes. For our part, we are working to settle the lawsuits with the student-athletes. Meanwhile, the NCAA and a number of conferences have withdrawn their support of our game. The ongoing legal issues combined with increased questions surrounding schools and conferences have left us in a difficult position – one that challenges our ability to deliver an authentic sports experience, which is the very foundation of EA SPORTS games.

At EA SPORTS, college football has always been a labor of love, and it is unfortunate that these business and legal issues have impacted our ability to make next year’s game. This franchise has been developed by a team that is deeply committed to the tradition and culture of this sport – that’s why fans have always loved it. We are working to retain the talented people who are part of the team by placing them elsewhere within the EA SPORTS organization.

In the meantime, we will continue to be connected and engaged with our fans who are playing EA SPORTS NCAA Football. Our decision does not affect our commitment to NCAA Football 14 and the consumers who love playing the game."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: BREAKING: EA Sports will NOT publish an NCAA College Football game next year

Well it looks like since I'll have the extra money, I'll buy Madden for the first time since 08 next year.

At least I really enjoy NCAA 14 compared to past years
Old 09-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: BREAKING: EA Sports will NOT publish an NCAA College Football game next year

I'll be picking this up then....crazy!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

14 just turned into a definite buy for me... Was going to wait a bit longer on it until the price dropped, but now I may as well go pick it up right now rather than waiting.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

So put the resources used for NCAA into Madden and blow us away!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Old 09-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

The only possible good thing that can come out of this is that I now have the chance to play a full 60-year dynasty.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

I am not surprised by this news at all but it still sucks. At least I`ll save $60 next year. Thankfully 14 was pretty good. I don`t have any desire to get into Madden so this might be the last football game I ever purchased.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »