Home

Ncaa news yesterday might make me change mind on ps4...

This is a discussion on Ncaa news yesterday might make me change mind on ps4... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ncaa news yesterday might make me change mind on ps4...

I had plans on buying the ps4 with hopes of playing older ncaa games or hoping for a new college football game to play. It seems like neither will be possible. I am a huge player of the Ncaa series. My ps3 broke, was gonna get a ps4. Might just get another ps3....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Ncaa news yesterday might make me change mind on ps4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton_34_chi
I had plans on buying the ps4 with hopes of playing older ncaa games or hoping for a new college football game to play. It seems like neither will be possible. I am a huge player of the Ncaa series. My ps3 broke, was gonna get a ps4. Might just get another ps3....
Agreed. The main reason I was going to purchase a PlayStation 4 was to play future college football games. Now since that isn't happening, I might just stick to my PS3. The only PS4 exclusive games, so far, that I have any to little interest in are Knack, Deep Down, and possibly DRIVECLUB since it's being developed by the studio that brought me one of my favorite series, MotorStorm.

I'll probably pick it up in one to two years (might get it earlier than that if my interest grows in Madden, doubt it). Currently, I'm highly considering getting a PS2 for '04 and '06.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

yanek27's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you think after this season they will disconnect teambuilder?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanek27
Do you think after this season they will disconnect teambuilder?
I don't know, I half expect them to yet half expect them not to. Because my common sense tells me that with this being the last college football game, more people will buy it, which means more users, which means more need/demand for the online portion of the game. Yet the other half tells me that they don't care anymore and are ready to move on.

With that said, this statement from EA gives me hope, but take it with a grain of salt.

"In the meantime, we will continue to be connected and engaged with our fans who are playing EA SPORTS NCAA Football. Our decision does not affect our commitment to NCAA Football 14 and the consumers who love playing the game."

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...r-announcement
Old 09-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

As much as I love NCAA football, there is no way I'd buy a next gen console without a college football game to look forward to every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
As much as I love NCAA football, there is no way I'd buy a next gen console without a college football game to look forward to every year.
I know...it really sucks. Was looking forward to getting a ps4..
Old 09-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Probably a dumb question, but I have not been really keeping up with all the news and features of the PS4. Will it not be backwards compatible and play PS3 games?
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #8

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Probably a dumb question, but I have not been really keeping up with all the news and features of the PS4. Will it not be backwards compatible and play PS3 games?
Correct. Neither of the new consoles are backwards compatible.

The PS4 will have a streaming classics service through Gaikai but 99% of sports games would be laughed at if someone considered them a classic. I also (unless I missed an announcement) believe that when that streaming starts is unknown to pretty much everyone still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »