Home

Players Not Getting Drafted

This is a discussion on Players Not Getting Drafted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Players Not Getting Drafted

I just completed year two of an offline dynasty and was in the offseason. My team won the National Championship thanks to a created player of mine at QB. The QB was a senior and rated a 99 overall and broke several NCAA records so when I went to the players leaving screen I was surprised to see that he was listed only as graduating and did not have a projected round next to his name nor was he listed in Draft Results.

Has anyone else had a problem like this where a created player, or any very good player for that matter, not going into the Draft? Also, if I do export this class into Madden would he still show up even if he wasn't listed in the draft result page?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Re: Players Not Getting Drafted

The issue is very likely size. EA for the last 2 versions of the game has implemented a "size" restriction for the NFL draft projection system where if he isn't a certain height/weight, it will just say Graduation and not give him a projected spot in the draft, regardless of his OVR. There are differing height/weight restrictions for each position, you might be able to do a search and find them listed somewhere on these forums. Generally, for QB's it's approximately 6'0" and shorter that you won't see drafted.

Few things to remember:
1.) You can edit this before you advance into the Players Leaving and it should fix it if you want to feel better about it and get the Pro Potential boost from this player being "drafted."
2.) I have not tested this yet (waiting on a Madden patch) but I've read that the Madden import process takes players outside of these restrictions for the class anyway, regardless of what NCAA says.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks EfB. My QB was 6'2" and like 200 pounds so I don't think he fell under the restrictions. Maybe it's just because I created him or that he only played two years since I created him as a Junior. I'm waiting on Madden as well so will not be able to test it until then.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

No, it's probably still size - 200 lbs is also considered rail-thin for QB's, so it's probably the weight instead of height.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymmj6
Thanks EfB. My QB was 6'2" and like 200 pounds so I don't think he fell under the restrictions. Maybe it's just because I created him or that he only played two years since I created him as a Junior. I'm waiting on Madden as well so will not be able to test it until then.
If "like 200 pounds" means "almost 200 lbs" then he's too small to get drafted. 200 lbs is the bare minimum for a QB to get drafted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nfl-draft.html
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 10-03-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
Just started!

This happened to me in my offline too. I'm playing with Oregon and De'Anthony Thomas just graduated instead of going into the Draft. The size thing totally makes sense in that case.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Rookie

GOheels2627's Arena

i had something like that with the Aggies Manziel didn't get drafted even though he broke a couple of ncaa records????
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymmj6
I just completed year two of an offline dynasty and was in the offseason. My team won the National Championship thanks to a created player of mine at QB. The QB was a senior and rated a 99 overall and broke several NCAA records so when I went to the players leaving screen I was surprised to see that he was listed only as graduating and did not have a projected round next to his name nor was he listed in Draft Results.

Has anyone else had a problem like this where a created player, or any very good player for that matter, not going into the Draft? Also, if I do export this class into Madden would he still show up even if he wasn't listed in the draft result page?
My backup RB Raymond Naples had a 1,000 yard rush season and was absolutely amazing but was not drafted for some reason in my Army dynasty, even though he graduated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »