Home

The Game Changers NBA 2K14 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX 360

This is a discussion on The Game Changers NBA 2K14 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX 360 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
NBA 2K14 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX 360

The SimWorld Team
ronyell - CWSapp757 - Dreece - Hyperballer21 - Gabri3l3 - hulyan - seanbarkley - dpower15 - cody.morgan24

For more elaborate info on this project, you can check out the thread here:
BAM

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED

I am going to address some things with this post because I have been getting a multitude of emails asking me all types of questions about these draft classes. Dreece handled a lot of them with his post but I figured that here would be the best place to do this.

This entire process is tedious. And when I say tedious, I mean losing hours of sleep doing endless tests, writing and constantly intertwining stories for over a thousand players, making 100 plus page scouting reports for every draft, making sure that these classes don't screw up your Association type tedious. While some people may look at these and see them as corny, these are my babies. This is the grind for me. Dreece feels the same way and even though Ronyell has other projects, he plays a major part in this too so I know he feels the same way as well. I say this because I want people to get a better understanding for what I am saying.

The Sim World experience is what these draft classes will fall in line with because to be honest, I have gotten a ton of what I base my roster on from Ronyell. But guess what... I can assure you that with the way potential is set up you can use these with multiple different rosters. Bottom line is that the classes will be set up so that there is no explosion of overrated players in your Association so as long as you have a roster that is good for Association, you will be fine.

Now, I have been getting emails asking me if the draft classes will work with VTCRB's roster. The answer to that is yes. And if for some reason it doesn't work, then we will make it work. Once again, as long as the roster is good for Association, YOU... SHOULD... BE... GOOD with these classes.

Lastly, I love to hear feedback from people and get suggestions. If we can accommodate you on any request, we most definitely will. But please, if you plan on contacting me to tell me how I NEED to do something just go ahead and save yourself the trouble. At the end of the day, it is going to be what it is going to be so you can either sit back and enjoy or be out. With that being said, be active in the thread, give us suggestions and feedback and most importantly HAVE FUN.

Now on to the draft class info:

What’s good fellas! I know that I have a tendency to ramble and go on so we are just going to get straight in to things. Me and Dreece have returned for current gen NBA 2k14 to provide you with one of the best draft class experiences that you will find in a video game. For the guys that have used our draft classes in the past you know what to expect. For those of you that have not however, let me give you a run down:

- Our draft classes focuses on every single player in the draft. From the highest rated prospect to the lowest, they all get equal attention. That includes appearances, ratings, tendencies and sig skills.

- Real drafts include busts and gems. Now while we understand that a video game makes it somewhat difficult to duplicate that, we try our best to do that. You may find a player that is a 73 overall with a potential rating that leads to him never getting better or a 55 overall players with a potential rating that eventually surpasses the before mentioned 73 rated players. This will ensure that scouting is necessary and will provide you with that “risk factor” that makes the draft so interesting.

- Specialty players. Most of you reading this have played previous versions of the game and know that once you get pass the first 10 to 15 best players, the rest of the players are basically worthless. In our drafts, you may find a player that is a 56 overall that may be one of the best shooters in the draft, marvelous defender, great rebounder etc. The draft is about finding the player that best compliments what you already have on your team and these drafts provide you with that opportunity.

- Everyone that follows sports knows that a player’s back story gives you somewhat of a “personal connection” to a player. Because of that we have included stories that will follow the players throughout their college careers. Not just individual stories, but we have created an entire “Pre-NBA” world so that you can get the scoop on what these players have done in college/overseas before being included in our draft classes. Stories can be found at http://cwsapp757.wordpress.com/ for the time being and occasionally here in the thread.

- Scouting reports and videos. In addition to back stories, each draft class will come equip with tons of scouting information on each and every player. In addition, Dreece will make sure that you guys have tons of video footage of these players so that you can really immerse yourself in the draft experience.

- Something that Ronyell suggested that I add in here as well is that the REAL fun with using these classes is to NOT look at the ratings when you download the draft and DEFINITELY do not look at potential. If you want a realistic experience, just download these as you go. It know it is hard not to analyze the drafts but you guys just got to trust us on this one.

- Here is what I have decided to do for you guys to make these classes not only in depth but unpredictable. There are going to be THREE versions of each draft at release. These versions are unlike last year’s differences in the two versions. There will be no real differences to any of the players EXCEPT for potential (which we all know makes all the difference in the world). So in version 1, Adam Cameron might reach a 90 overall but in version 2 he may only progress 2 or 3 points. Or there could be no difference at all with a particular player with any of the versions. The point is that your league can turn out completely different depending on which version of the classes you use. There is a rule that I suggest though:

I did a bunch of test to make sure that the classes have balance to them so for every change I made there is a similar change the other way to balance things out between classes. So the lowering of a players potential in DC 1 may equal the raising of another player’s potential in DC 5. Because of that, whatever version of the classes you use for DC 1, THAT IS THE VERSION YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO GO FORWARD WITH. So, if you decide to go with DC 1 version 3 when we release tonight, you should go forward with version 3 for the rest of the draft classes going forward. Of course you can download them all but stick with one version for each respective Association.

One more thing I really want to add because I have decided to do things a bit differently this year to make it a little easier for you to follow what's going in our ever so busy fictional world. The post below will include everything (big boards, stories, videos etc.) for the CURRENT draft class that we are working on. For example, we will begin with posting nothing but info for draft class one below. Once draft class one is released, that will be cleared and draft class two info will be listed. Now, you can still follow and get all of the info but you will have to either read over the scouting report once it is released or visit http://cwsapp757.wordpress.com/. Hope you all enjoy!

FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 1

The classes are all live under these file names:

Version 1 - FictionalDraft1 version1
Version 2 - FictionalDraft1 version2
Version 3 - FictionalDraft1 version3

Draft Class 1 Scouting Report Powerpoint Format: http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FICTIONAL DRAFT 2
Gamertag: Nsuplaya84

Class 2 version 1 File Name: FictionalDraft2 version1
Class 2 version 2 File Name: FictionalDraft2 version2
Class 2 version 3 File Name: FictionalDraft2 version3

Scouting Report Powerpoint Version (the site is mobile so you can view the scouting report on your phone if you want.... very convenient: http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 3 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Version 1 File Name - FictionalDraft ver1
Version 2 File Name - FictionalDraft ver2
Version 3 File Name - FictionalDraft ver3

Draft Class 3 Scouting Report (Powerpoint) - http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 4 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Gamertag - xxxDreecexxx

Version 1 File Name - FictionalDraft4
Version 2 File Name - FictionalDraft4 V2
Version 3 File Name - FictionalDraft4 V3

Draft Class 4 Scouting Report (Powerpoint) - http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 5 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Gamertag: xxxDreecexxx

Version 1 File Name- Fictional Draft5
Version 2 File Name - Fictional Draft5 v2
Version 3 File Name - Fictional Draft5 v3

Draft Class 5 Scouting Report (Powerpoint) - http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 6 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Gamertag: xxxDreecexxx

Version 1 File Name - Fictional Draft6
Version 2 File Name - Fictional Draft 6v2
Version 3 File Name - Fictional Draft6 v3

Draft Class 6 Scouting Report (Powerpoint) - http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 7 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Gamertag: SKRIIIEXnz

Version 1 File Name - DC7 V1
Version 2 File Name - DC7 V2
Version 3 File Name - DC7 V3

Draft Class 7 Scouting Report (Powerpoint) - http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 8 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Version 1 File Name - DC8 V1
Version 2 File Name - DC8 V2
Version 3 File Name - DC8 V3

Draft Class 8 Scouting Report (Powerpoint) - http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 9 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Version 1 File Name - DC9 v1
Version 2 File Name - DC9 v2
Version 3 File Name - DC9 v3

Draft Class 9 Scouting Report (Powerpoint) - http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...l-draft-class/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 10 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Gamertag: bornstar yellz

Version 1 File Name - DC10v1
Version 2 File Name - DC10v2
Version 3 File Name - DC10v3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 11 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Version 1 File Name - DC11v1
Version 2 File Name - DC11v2
Version 3 File Name - DC11v3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FICTIONAL DRAFT CLASS 12 AVAILABLE ON 2K SHARE

Version 1 File Name: DC12v1
Version 2 File Name: DC12v2
Version 3 File Name: DC12v3
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by CWSapp757; 08-07-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #2

CWSapp757's Arena

Re: The Game Changers NBA 2K14 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX 3

Fictional Draft Class 10

Preseason All Americans

G J.C. Graham – Oklahoma – Sophomore

G DeMario Catron – Kansas State – Sophomore

F Christopher Bishop Jr. – Central Florida – Freshman

C Kyle Butler – Utah – Senior

C Montego Hennesy – Duke – Junior

Players To Watch

G Treyvon Dixon – Louisville – Sophomore

F Laron Nash – Oklahoma State – Sophomore

G Kenny Granger – Indiana – Sophomore

F Antron Bryant – Utah – Sophomore

C Darmani White – Pacific – Sophomore

C Bart Witten – Baylor – Senior

F Allan Rondo – Connecticut – Junior

G Mookie Washington – Tennessee - Senior

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November News Feed

November 1, 2023
The newly appointed “Great One” is preparing for his first game against Presbyterian. Since his arrival on campus, Chris Bishop has appeared to change his tone a bit. The kid who usually seemed to have no worries at all has shown extreme focus and a tad bit of nervousness. “I just want to take this team to the next level” Bishop said yesterday. “I want the team to know that I am going to do whatever it takes”. While we know that Bishop Jr. is the best incoming freshman, we are unsure of whether or not he will need some time to get adjusted to the college game.

November 4, 2023
Sophomore PG J.C. Graham believes that the Oklahoma Sooners have as good a chance as anyone to take home the championship. With the three headed monster of Graham, SF Dakota Bosworth and center Kevin Sullivan, they are favorites for many. “We came up short last year but this has to be the year” Graham said. Graham is currently the second rated player on the Big Board behind Central Florida’s Christopher Bishop Jr.

November 11, 2023
We wondered if Bishop Jr. would come out of the gate blazing and the answer to that question is a resounding “Yes”. In Bishop’s first game as a college basketball player, he finished with an extremely impressive stat line of 36 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and a block. When asked about his performance Bishop simply said “Just trying to win man. That’s all”. Central Florida blew out Presbyterian 90 – 61.

November 15, 2023
Highly rated Memphis PG Seth Randle has started off his college career with some issues already. According to a local news station, Randle was brought downtown to the police station after being in a stolen car with an individual that was wanted on several different drug related charges. Randle claims that he had no idea that the individual was involved in illegal activity and was only in the car with the individual because he needed a ride to a nearby convenient store. Although no action will be taken against Randle, the police are investigating further. Hopefully Randle is telling the truth.

November 20, 2023
Senior Bart Witten is the only player remaining from the championship Baylor team a couple of years ago. While Bart Witten is putting up impressive numbers (14.5 points, 9.9 rebounds), the team is struggling big time. The team is currently 1 – 2 and things don’t seem to be getting any better any time soon. Hopefully the team will find a way to pull it together.

November 27, 2023
It has been discovered that Sophomore star Kenny Granger currently has no family and no place to go home to during the Thanksgiving break. The story broke when Granger was found roaming around the Indiana campus when all of the other students were gone asked to leave for the Thanksgiving break. Granger eventually admitted that he had planned to go home with a teammate but that “things did not go according to plan”. During this time, Granger stated that he lost contact with his mother (who has a history of drug and alcohol abuse) shortly after his freshman year. One would think that an individual in his position would have declared for the NBA after his freshman year in order to put himself in a better financial position. When asked why he returned to school Grander said “I don’t know. I just have been confused and scared and Indiana is where I’m comfortable”. Indiana’s athletic director not only promised to assist Granger on a personal level throughout the remainder of the year but also allowed Granger to have Thanksgiving with his family. Knowing the NCAA, they will probably find some kind of “violation” here. Let’s hope not though.

November 30, 2023
Christopher Bishop Jr. is living up to expectations and then some. Although the team has only played five games, Bishop is currently averaging 30.2 points, 7.9 rebounds, 4.7 assist, 2.4 steals and 2.0 blocks. If the team can continue to be even moderately successful, he seems to have the player of the year award locked up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December News Feed

December 3, 2023
High school senior and self proclaimed “Rival to Christopher Bishop Jr.” Dontae Brown is still not impressed with Mr. Bishop’s first month of on the Central Florida campus. “Stop riding this dude! He scoring thirty points a game playing against scrubs on a team full of the same thing. Any five star player could do what he is doing. The only thing that pisses me off is that he said he is definitely leaving after this year. It’s cool. He won’t be able to duck me when we actually get to the league though”.

At this point we are unaware if Dontae’ Brown is just really really confident in himself or if he is simply trolling us. Either way, Bishop Jr. doesn’t seem to be taking the bait. We seem to have a rivalry in the making but may have to wait for some years to actually see it play out.

December 8, 2023
Duke Center Montego Hennessy sets career high in both points and rebounds finishing with 31 and 17 respectively in a 96 – 60 thrashing of North Carolina A&T.

December 12, 2023
Louisville sophomore point guard and the third ranked player on the Sapp Big Board, Treyvon Dixon, has stated that he is “pretty sure” that this will be his final year as a Cardinal. With Bishop Jr. coming out and rumors of Oklahoma’s J.C. Graham and Duke’s Montego Hennessy coming out this year, this draft is shaping up to be the best draft that we have had in a while. Those four alone all locks for to be drafted in the top five.

December 15, 2023
Pacific center Darmani White is shooting up the big board with his dominant and efficient play. A ton of big schools were offering this guy scholarships but I don’t know if any of them knew that he would be THIS good. Averaging 19 points and 12 boards so far this year, the big man 10th overall on my big board. White has stated that he wants to stay for four years and but you know how the young folks get when the NBA starts calling. We will see what happens.

December 20, 2023
Memphis police have announced that Memphis freshman point guard Seth Randle has been cleared of any wrong doing. Randle has stated that he will was “shaken up” by the whole ordeal and promises to make better decisions in the future.

December 30, 2023
Senior guard Mookie Washington will miss some time after reportedly breaking his wrist arm wrestling with a family member during his Christmas break. Washington has stated that he is “very embarrassed” and that he will work hard to get himself back on the court as soon as possible. He is currently averaging 15.3 points, 4.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists for the Vols this year.

Last edited by CWSapp757; 06-18-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Game Changers NBA 2K14 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp757/Dreece for XBOX 3

Exited to be part of the Project and working with you guys. Let's change the game.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

DC6

#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by Dreece; 02-06-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Are any players from 2k13 coming back for this year? Loved those guys as they helped me build a ridiculous dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #6

CWSapp757's Arena

Unfortunately Hulyan.... not this time but only because the stories are going to be continuing from 2k13. Even though it's a new game and the dates have changed, the stories from 2k13 are intended to continue in to 2k14. Because of that you are going to see a LOT of references to 2k13 players (Adam Cameron mentioning Mack Garrson from DC9 in his interview for example).

BUT I do have good news for ya... there are two players specifically that have siblings that are coming back that have similar talent. I don't want to spoil anything but I will just say.... pay attention to these top fifty high school players when I post them and it'll pop right out lol.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #7

CWSapp757's Arena

YourPappy asked in the previous thread what our process is so I copied this from the 2k13 thread.....

1) First thing I do before I release a draft class is formulate the shell for the next three draft classes. I complete at least thirty players for each of those three classes to make sure that everyone that is on the Big Board for the current draft is accounted for.*

2) I then hit up Dreece and Ronyell for ideas for players. After giving personalities to all 80 players for each draft, it becomes a little difficult. If they have ideas, they normally take it and insert whatever they want or give me ideas to implement. I then go through and make all of those players (ratings, colleges, ages, personalities etc.). I normally take a day or two for that.

3) I pass it back to Dreece so that he can do appearances cause he is much better at that than I am. While he is doing that, I take about a day to make a big board, compute stats, All American Teams, awards and draft grades for all players that will be available in that draft.*

4) We then go back and complete the tendencies using the guidelines. Because they are so particular, this can take up to five days.I also assign sig skills to each player at this time.*

5) I then pass the file to Dreece who proceeds to make all of the videos. While he is making those videos, me, him and Ronyell discuss storylines and player personalities.*

6) Once I have a good grasp on that, I start making the Powerpoint. Once I have the shell for that, I pass it to Swaggg and Dreece. We normally work on the profiles for each player while Dreece works on his section. I take everyones work and copy and paste it on to one master file.

7) Dreece then gives me a link to the many many videos that he has completed so that they can be included in the scouting report presentation.*

8) Last but not least, we all go over it to make sure that every player is accounting for and that everything is flowing in a realistic, chronological order.

*9) Then.... release day. Rinse and repeat

Hope that answers the question for you.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Know when these might be released and the Gamertag to download them will be ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »