Home

All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

This is a discussion on All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

I don't know who coined the phrase "Slideritis" but I can see a lot of guys on the brink of full blown slideritis and its SAD, very sad, because this years Madden25 is the best on this Gen IMO
Now for those that do NOT want Slideritis, I introduce
----------------------
Testing Started on All-Pro All 50's!! Post Patch 1.03 has done some good for
All-Pro imo!! And with the new findings w/ Penalty Sliders improving pursuit and tackling angles in general, this is even better now!
A lot of guys are getting "slideritis" which causes them to not enjoy getting deep into a CCM and nobody likes that.

Make sure after you upload/import(in CCM) to check the your difficulty settings to be sure its All-Pro.
Another aspect of M25 that I've found is you can have your Skill Sliders 50/50 and still change the CCM difficulty to All-Madden. To do so, after you change the CCM difficulty to All-Madden, go back to your Sliders and import your Player/Cpu Skill sliders. It will keep the difficulty, hopfully playcalling, and kickmeter @ All-Madden levels.
I think this would fix the issues w/ All-Pro, I will be expanding on my thoughts w/ this testing coming soon. Posting updates for this now. Any feedback is welcomed.

Latest 1.03 Patch updated Sliders!
1.03 Update 1/9/13
All-Madden//Fast//50/50

Steps to get All-Madden 50/50 in CCM.
load your CCM w/ All-Pro Default 50/50.
1. Switch your difficulty(CCM) to All-Madden.

This will change your Skill sliders in CCM to default All-Madden.
2. So go to Sliders and import your 50/50 base sliders for Player/Cpu.

3. Exit Slider screen, save.
4. Exit CCM and then reload your CCM again.
5. Go check to see if it stays on All-Madden w/ 50/50 Skill Sliders.
If it is All-Madden 50/50, you've done the correct steps and now you can enjoy All-Madden w/ 50/50 Skill Sliders.
You should be able to see the CPU make better play calls, faster kick meter, and more "sense of urgency" by the CPU now.

Player Skill
Qba: 25
PBK: 0
WRC: 25

RBK: 0
FUM: 25

PDRT: 50
INT: 50
PCV: 50

TAK: 50

Cpu Skill
Qba: 50
PBK: 50
WRC: 50

RBK: 50
FUM: 50

PDRT: 50
INT: 50
PCV: 50

TAK: 50

---------------------------
Game Options
Inj: 50
Fat: 25
Threshold: 100
Gamespeed: Fast

Penalty Sliders

FS: 100
HOLD: 75
FM: 55
DPI: 55
OPI: 55
P/Kint: 75
Clip: 55
IG: 75
RTP: 54
RTK: 70

FG PWR: 50
FG ACC: 35
Punt Pwr: 54
Punt Acc: 100
Kickoff Pwr: 54(makes returns a bit harder on both sides, more touchbacks w/ CPU kickoffs)

Testing w/ update 1.03!
Next up! Cowboys(6-8) @ Skins(6-8), similar rankings, w/ top 10 offenses and bottom 5 defenses.

Romo's hot
RGIII's cold
L. Fletcher's hot
A. Morris's hot
Moss and Garcon cold
my LG and C hot

Cowboys S. Lee is hot, has a sack already.

Cpu Cowboys are up 7-3 at the half!
So far its been a battle of defense! Rain also helps in keeping the passing game in check.
I just see much better pursuit and tackling w/ these sliders so far!

Its raining in D.C.
I will update box scores asap
10-7 A. Morris scores a rushing TD, our 1st TD of the game!
1:55 to go in the 3rd.

14-13 cpu cowboys take the lead 8min left in the 4th. The Cpu's backup TE Escobar puts a nice spin move on my LB in the redzone and gets in for the TD!

We are marching back down the field, they finally get caught playing the sidelines and give a long pass to Garcon! down the middle of the field!
7:17 remaining, 29yd line. Inside Cowboys territory
Ask madden calls a nice Y trail on the very next play, Cowboys giving up the middle of late! Garcon AGAIN! down to the 2yd line. 7:11 remaining! A. Morris scores his 2nd TD from 2yds out!
21-14 Skins! Coach goes for 2 and calls a nice PA rollout to the backup TE Paulsen!

Romo's hot! He marches the Cowboys right back down the field, hitting Bryant 20yds,
Bryant 18yds, incomplete, D. Harris 46yds down the middle(caught me in cover 2), and Romo finishes the drive w/ a perfect sideline corner pass in the endzone 16yds T. Williams TD!

Tied 21 All! 5:32 to go!

Cowboys are taking momentum, they tighten up things and we go 3 and out.

They get the ball back, 3 passes, and punt right back to us!
2:33 remaining! 47yds to goal!
Coach is not taking any chances and calls some nice run plays, 1:23 to go and we are 3rd and 1 at the 38yd line!
Coach gets brave and calls a spread w/ 4 verticals and the TE running the jerk route in the middle!
1st and 10, 1:03 and 18yds to goal!
coach is now playing safe calling run plays. I call it safer w/ 2 qb kneels and the game winning FG w/ 0 time left!

Final 24-21 Skins win by a narrow margin @ home!

Box Scores!
If the Cowboys had D. Murray, this game could've went easily the other way for them.

Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins
Dec 14, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Dallas Cowboys (6-8)0701421
Washington Redskins (6-8)3071424
Team Stats Comparison
DALWAS
Total Offense396432
Rushing Yards55185
Passing Yards341247
First Downs1923
Punt Return Yards1649
Kick Return Yards11377
Total Yards525558
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion58
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion01
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/3 Tds4/5 2tds, 2fgs
Penalties25yds45yds
Posession Time28:3531:25
Dallas Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Romo(126.7 qb rating)30/40(75%)35730
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. Dunbar(D. Murray was injured)14553.9
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Witten 89011.3
D. Bryant66010.0
M. Austin57915.8
G. Escobar33511.71
D. Harris35418.01
L. Dunbar362.0
T. Williams2331
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
B. Waters10
T. Smith02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
K. Lewis8
S. Lee71
O. Scandrick7
B. Carter6
B. Carr5
J. Wilcox4
E. Jones4
J. Hatcher3
M. Claiborne2
D. Ware2
B. Webb2
J. Durant11
M. Johnson1
T. Crawford1
D. Carter1
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
C. Henry518236.4
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Harris49323.3
D. Bryant12020.0
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Bryant2168.0
Washington Redskins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
RGIII(57.2 qb rating)23/47(48%)26201
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Morris211426.82
RGIII10363.6
R. Helu273.5
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
P. Garcon711015.7
F. Davis6447.3
J. Reed22211.0
A. Morris22211.0
S. Moss2136.5
R. Helu133.0
E. Royster12020.0
L. Hankerson11111.0
J. Morgan11717.0
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
K. Lichtensteiger20
T. Williams10
C. Chester10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
N. Barnett8
B. Orakpo61
L. Fletcher6
R. Kerrigan41
R. Doughty3
D. Hall3
B. Meriweather3
S. Bowen31
E. Biggers2
A. Carriker21
D. Amerson21
D. Tapp1
B. Rambo1
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
K. Forbath3/4(75%)1/11039
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
S. Rocca5195391
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Robinson47719.3
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
S. Moss34916.3

---------------------------------
If you decide to test these, I urge you to give them 2-3 games before making a final judgement. I am of the belief that it takes a game or more to see what these sliders will produce in the gameplay department.

Any feedback is welcomed!
Feel free to post stats as well for all of us to see.
Thanks!!!

Be sure to change these in the Main Menu before going into CCM. Upload/import sliders in CCM.

I know these seem basic but thats what makes them play so well. The penalty sliders are unique and really make them work so well.
If you test these, let us know how they work for you!!

Heres to no more slideritis

Last edited by RG3MVP; 02-02-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

I'll say this.... Was running an online CCM using Charter's All-Madden sliders with a few tweaks. At first, with a CRAPPY Jets team, I was getting beat pretty good. But, it started to get easier which led me to get into this "slider-itis"

For poops and giggle, put it on default All-Pro and i was down 21-0 after just 4 minutes. Playing against Cincy, their WRs were constantly open, Dalton hit them perfectly, I couldn't run the ball very well, there were 5 combined penalties, Pierre-Paul got pressure against their weak LT.... I was shocked.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
I'll say this.... Was running an online CCM using Charter's All-Madden sliders with a few tweaks. At first, with a CRAPPY Jets team, I was getting beat pretty good. But, it started to get easier which led me to get into this "slider-itis"

For poops and giggle, put it on default All-Pro and i was down 21-0 after just 4 minutes. Playing against Cincy, their WRs were constantly open, Dalton hit them perfectly, I couldn't run the ball very well, there were 5 combined penalties, Pierre-Paul got pressure against their weak LT.... I was shocked.
Don't be shocked lol, pressure is back! And it seems to be more effective at forcing bad throws/air balls and not always Ints or deflections.
Stick with it and start off default 50/50 if needed.

Im getting a nice challenge with just a few tweaks to the CPU sliders and penalties.
Its been fun losing lol.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod

You couldn't run the ball? What is this maddness you speak? Lol.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Another thing I'm noticing is I'm getting pressure from multiple positions. RE, DT, etc.

Just lost to the Eagles in the rain : (
They won the turnover battle and the game, very realistically.
Vick was hurt and I'm coming off a 26-18 win vs Vikings, were I forced M. Cassel into mistakes and I was perfect qb 3tds and 0ints.
What a difference a week makes.
In Phili w/ the rain, I ended w/ 1td and 3ints. They also got a fumble for td. Forced fumble on a quick smoke screen to P. Garcon, which was nice seeing the CPU D rallying to the ball so fast.

I Dont have a problem running with A. Morris, Helu, and RG3. My team is struggling more @ WR. Its been a challenge keeping my WRs involved and getting those 1 or 2 game breakers.

Record: 5-5
(my next matchup is the 49ers, not a good time to play them lol.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I got Madden 25 less than a week ago today. I have suffered severely from slideritus in the past... but I think to be fair, part of my problem of not enjoying a franchise mode since Madden 07 on the Xbox was because Franchise mode has been terrible since then.

While waiting for Madden to come in the mail [I live in Peru, so I had to have it sent to me] I went back and played older Maddens just for the fun of it. 09, 10, and 11.

For example, In Madden 09, you get these kinds of scouting reports, which look interesting:

Look at that. A documented learning disability, and a low Awareness rating to go with it, but he has like A potential. From a story telling point of view, that is interesting that they put that in the game. He is a big mauler, but not too bright. Then there was this guy right after him:

At first, and maybe even second glance, he looks interesting. High potential, and is supposed to be smart. The comment about pas protection and his intelligence makes me think that while he will start with a low pass protection rating, he might develop into a start tackle. Nope. both of these guys were super terrible. [32 team franchise, so I know] and while I was simulating it, they never got much better.

That star on the top right for the ratings is deceiving. The point where the Run Blocking Footwork was maxed out still only meant he had like 92 run blocking footwork and the drop off to the pass blocking strength and footwork were both down into the low 70's, and despite their A potential never really turn into anything.

You see, Josh Looman and his small team did a great job writing fluff for draft prospects ,but they never really blossomed into anything practical, like real ratings and development and game play.

In Madden 09, the prospects were drafted by their OVR ratings so the best players went first and the worst went last always in that order. Now, in Madden 10, you could find gems [high rated A potential players] in later rounds, and teams might draft bums in early rounds.

You see, to me, story line matters as much as game play. If franchise is dull, or just a collection of play now games, I lose interest no matter how good game play is [which is isn't.] That is why I am excited to find good setting for Madden 25 because it finally looks like a game I will enjoy. If I can get the player to play to their ratings, then that means that story lines and the raft will matter. That means the franchise will have some depth.

Saturday night I played with some All-Pro settings and used the 49ers @ KC and won 34-28 after taking the late lead and playing defense the best I could. It was a fun and exciting game, but there were obvious problems. I need to increase the computer coverage and decrease user run blocking. I was averaging 7+ ypc with Gore and Hunter despite my 90 speed threshold. There were some runs that were stuffed, but I was able to find daylight often enough. Also, both Alex and Colin completed just over 85% of their passes. The coverage needs to be taken up another notch or two. I like where I have my tackling sliders set at, and I had 3 sacks on the game and was getting pressure from every position. DE, DT, and OLB. I like to user Justin Smith and bull rush. That animation is so satisfying when it happens.

I am kind of rambling, but I thought this was a good place to talk about franchise mode, sliders, and the All-Pro experience. I haven't played deep into a franchise mode since the year 2006. I keep trying but can't do it. I think I might be able to now. MIGHT.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Hey PG! Your in Peru, WOW!
Yeah every Madden had some Franchise mode issues. Never thought M12(I thinks that's the one w/ 32 team user control) was going to be my favorite one lol.
All-Pro default is way too wide open imo. I've done a lot of defensive improvements to All-Pro.
Yes you can post what your seeing with your All-Pro setup, however I'm a few months ahead of you on testing and adjusting from All-Pro, if your wanting to test your thoughts on mine, that's cool too.

Glad to see you are playing Madden 25!!

Here's my latest setup: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-custom.html?

Keep me updated bro
Old 10-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Will do. I just threw these together:

User/Computer
QB Accuracy: 5/55
Pass Blocking: 25/0
Catching: 45/70

Run Blocking: 10/25
Fumbles: 15/25

Reaction Time: 0/0
Interceptions: 15/50
Pass Coverage: 90/90

Tackling: 25/35

That mixed with 90 fatigue 18 injury 90 speed threshold and Normal game speed. I have custom substitution sliders where I set every position but HB, DE and DT to sub out at 0 and back in at 1. HB come out at 75 and go back in at 85 [but I will likely change that to 80/90.] Defensive Ends come out at 10 and come back in at 15. Tackles come out at 15 and come back in at 20. I might increase those as well. Fatigue seems to work a bit different in 25 than it was working in 12. In 12 it was far more powerful. I will crank it up to 100 fatigue first though, before adjusting those numbers.

I played 49ers at KC Saturday night and sicne then the adjustments I made were lowing user blocking from 25 to 10, increasing user and computer coverage from 75 to 90. I just finished a game of the 49ers vs the Canton Legends, and got my but kicked. Gore put the ball on the ground twice, and whiel Colin was having a good game, I saw Boldin comingopenon a post route and let it fly, but I got a bad die roll and the ball sailed pretty badly right into Ronnie Lott's hands and no where close to Boldin. I also think I am actually on All-Madden sliders after my adjustments [I can't remember all my changes] because the kicking meter felt faster. Maybe it was just my imagination though.

I don't claim to be the best on the sticks. I just try to stick with football concepts and play my best. When I get a chance to play a few more play now games against good and bad teams I'll post more results. I am always looking for animations and consistent "problems" that crop upalong with keeping an eye for things I like too.

I will certainly keep things updated on that link you sent. I just need some more games under my belt. I also haven't built much of a custom playbook yet for offense. I am in the middle of that project.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »