Home

Nba 2k14 "Rate My Trade" Thread

This is a discussion on Nba 2k14 "Rate My Trade" Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Rondorampage9's Arena

OVR: 2
Nba 2k14 "Rate My Trade" Thread

I hadn't seen a thread for this yet soo..

In my Suns association I've made a few deals.

Suns give: Goran Dragic, Gortat, a 1st and Shannon Brown for Rudy Gay, Augustin, and Demar Derozan. I also traded Gerald Green a 1st and 2nd and Augustin for Asik and Beverly (which I thought was a stretch) any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Nba 2k14 "Rate My Trade" Thread

I am/ Celtics trade Rondo

for Jennings and Monroe

what else can i throw in to make it fair for pistons or is this good? May be Bass for villanuva?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondorampage9

Suns give: Goran Dragic, Gortat, a 1st and Shannon Brown for Rudy Gay, Augustin, and Demar Derozan. I also traded Gerald Green a 1st and 2nd and Augustin for Asik and Beverly (which I thought was a stretch) any thoughts?
I think the first one is iffy simply because the Raptors probably wouldn't trade DeRozan and Gay, especially if they only get Shannon Brown back at that position. It also doesn't make sense because they then would gain Dragic add him to the PG position and you have Lowry and Dragic both competing for minutes. Same situation with Gortat and JV. If JV is still the starter that works, but you have to be careful in stopping JV's growth as a player by moving him to the bench.

The second trade definitely doesn't work because of the talent difference, as well as not really helping the Rockets. They get smaller in this trade by losing Asik, which leaves their front court at Terrence Jones, Greg Smith, Donatas Motiejunas, and Marcus Camby. They truly need stretch PF, so if they trade Asik it would be for someone who can stretch the floor, like Ryan Anderson. Not to mention that Gerald Green gets lost in the back court shuffle of the Rockets. Maybe try to trade the better Morris and Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxide
I am/ Celtics trade Rondo

for Jennings and Monroe

what else can i throw in to make it fair for pistons or is this good? May be Bass for villanuva?
This is an interesting trade, but I doubt the Celtics would want to take Brandon Jennings and his ego, especially without KG and Paul Pierce there to control it. If it was 2 years ago maybe, but Jennings on this Celtics team would be a disaster.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondorampage9

If the Raptors make that trade and move Gay and Derozan, it sends a pretty strong signal that they're looking to rebuild so I don't think they want Gortat as he will only hinder JV's growth who is a building block for the future. The Raptors would be trying to shed salary so I'd suggest younger players on rookie contracts/expirings. Maybe take Gortat out and throw in one or both of the Morris twins or Len if you're willing to give him up.

As for the other trade, I agree with the other user that the Rockets need a stretch four. Ryan Anderson is one that's been rumoured about a lot in a deal with Asik. Another option could be to bring Patrick Patterson back to Houston so you'd have to work out some kind of 3 team deal moving some young pieces to the Kings and maybe taking on a burdensome contract such as Salmons or Hayes to sweeten the deal
Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Rookie

i havent even started an association yet... i thought of doing one.. but since my gold ran out =(... this is must about now lol... anyway i want to start 1 but i dont know what team to pick .. i always use the nuggets since they are my favs but i thought i should switch it up for once.... anybody have any suggestions ?

what happened to the old association threads people used to make ? it was fun reading them .. guess people gave up cause 2k never changes ?

Last edited by NYdreams; 10-11-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm waiting for the draft classes to be created. All the generated rooks look the same to me.

I started Lakers one, and did realistic stuff - traded Kaman farmar meeks for Brand and Shroeder. Dennis is a beast, and I benched nash to come in with the scrubs to give them boosts. I got tmac too to get him a ring. Brought Odom back. It's a wash up reunion at the staples center!

Nick Young had been on fire, wesley "wtf" johnson had actually been lights out too!

so shroeder shoots 3/7 but he's quick and can play d, nash can't play for crap, but useful for his boosts.

Tmac been hit and miss, like real life. Brand is solid.

I am 3-0. Trey burke dropped 25, most on nash's stupid face. When I put Kobe on him he forgot how to play basketball and got blocked twice within 4 possessions.

I like LA but it's so messy and I can't think of the trades for someone good that would be realistic, any help? May be get Gay(i dont want him)

Who could I trade for Nash?

What about Gasol?

Looking to be more athletic. Tried for Larry Sanders they told me to walk.

On the Rondo trade - I actually think Monroe is too much to give up. Rondo is a headcase like Jennings.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxide
I started Lakers one, and did realistic stuff - traded Kaman farmar meeks for Brand and Shroeder.
Who could I trade for Nash?

What about Gasol?

Looking to be more athletic. Tried for Larry Sanders they told me to walk.

On the Rondo trade - I actually think Monroe is too much to give up. Rondo is a headcase like Jennings.
In my opinion, the Hawks trading Schroder isn't all that realistic. Especially after they took him in the first round and get old role players in return, the Hawks wouldn't get rid of him for that trio.

Nash is a tough one. Try a team who needs a PG and is a borderline playoff team.

Gasol is also interesting because of his contract. The Lakers are cap conscious right now so I don't think they would take on so much in return for Pau and handcuff themselves long term.

Rondo is a head case, but he is not a head case that will shoot you out of games and make ignorant comments. Jennings is a cancer. He doesn't make his team better, unlike Rondo.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane3490
In my opinion, the Hawks trading Schroder isn't all that realistic. Especially after they took him in the first round and get old role players in return, the Hawks wouldn't get rid of him for that trio.

Nash is a tough one. Try a team who needs a PG and is a borderline playoff team.

Gasol is also interesting because of his contract. The Lakers are cap conscious right now so I don't think they would take on so much in return for Pau and handcuff themselves long term.

Rondo is a head case, but he is not a head case that will shoot you out of games and make ignorant comments. Jennings is a cancer. He doesn't make his team better, unlike Rondo.

Agreed on all counts. Jennings sounds like a perfect fit for how I play

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »