Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

The 50th (!) Episode of the Press Row Podcast is a one-on-one interview by host Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) with Madden 25 NFL designer Vic Lugo, one of the core gameplay leaders as the Madden franchise moves into the PS4/Xbox One generation. The conversation hits a lot of the fundamental aspects of what happens on the field, including locomotion, physics, blocking, controls, and how players interact with each other. It’s the kind of conversation you’ll hear nowhere else but the Press Row Podcast on Operation Sports.

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Lastly, be sure to check out our friends at Weekend Confirmed right here: http://www.shacknews.com/tag/weekend-confirmed. If you’re not already a listener, give it a shot. We’re all big fans!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 49 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Looking forward to listening when I drive home from work in a few hours.

Thanks!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Listening now. Rich asked some really tough questions. Vic sure makes this true step locomotion sound good. They captured over 1000 running animations, backpedaling, strafing etc. No more looping running animations with the Ignite engine. My biggest pet peeve with this game is the lack of fluidity and robotic movement. Still waiting on this true step reveal.Sounds like they're done with the game and it's ready to go out.

Vic also addressed replays for those who love to critique them, no more floaty feet. The most interesting part was Vic saying you're not going to see a big graphical jump. People have said this, but man I look at those 2k14 pics side by jump and that's a very bump leap in graphics. So i'm not a believer in that school of thought. I guess we may not be getting what we saw at E3, and that would be very disappointing. These consoles are more powerful.

Last edited by adub88; 10-17-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I'll be making cliff notes on this in the next hour. Anyone have anything in specific that they are wanting to know about in regards to gameplay? I asked Rich to ask Victor some questions so I'm curious to see what he had to say about them.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

I haven't listened yet, but it will be the same regurgitated thing as before. "450 new (insert animation of your choice here)". Yet we see the same ones over and over. Or how momentum is supposed to matter. It is? Like when I hit the running back in the backfield, he's flat footed, yet goes into that ridiculous looking spinning animation as he's falling FORWARD for 8 yards? Momentum?

I'm fully expecting softballs from Rich. Rich is a great guy and I enjoy his game coverage, but he is really soft on the Madden guys because he's friends with them. I'm not counting on this being anything to get excited about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Pro

adub88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I haven't listened yet, but it will be the same regurgitated thing as before. "450 new (insert animation of your choice here)". Yet we see the same ones over and over. Or how momentum is supposed to matter. It is? Like when I hit the running back in the backfield, he's flat footed, yet goes into that ridiculous looking spinning animation as he's falling FORWARD for 8 yards? Momentum?

I'm fully expecting softballs from Rich. Rich is a great guy and I enjoy his game coverage, but he is really soft on the Madden guys because he's friends with them. I'm not counting on this being anything to get excited about.
have to say you're wrong buddy regarding Rich, he asked tough questions.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Good show. Says the biggest thing is the game will feel different. OK, but I'm still wanting to know what happened between E3 visuals and MNF simulation visuals.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Pro

adub88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Good show. Says the biggest thing is the game will feel different. OK, but I'm still wanting to know what happened between E3 visuals and MNF simulation visuals.
Vic pretty much made it sound like we're not getting those E3 visuals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »