Home

Does anyone actually enjoy playing online seasons?

This is a discussion on Does anyone actually enjoy playing online seasons? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1
Does anyone actually enjoy playing online seasons?

Because I sure as heck don't.

I've been an offline CM player for years, but a couple of nights ago, I decided to give online seasons a try, starting in Div 10. Hey, everyone says Fifa is more fun against human competition right?

So I picked Borussia Moenchengladbach (4 star team) to get away from the Barca/RM onslaught. Well, it didn't really matter.

No one actually tries to play football. I literally faced the same two Brazillian speed teams over and over, and played whole games where my opponent would just lob pass it forward as soon as he got the ball.

I don't mind losing, and I did quite often hehe, but I would at least like to play some semblance of the beautiful game. Back to my CM I go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does anyone actually enjoy playing online seasons?

It's very difficult playing random people. The first match I played this year in online FUT the other player played very fairly and it was a decent match.

Every online match since then (and I have only played 5 more) has been a lobbed through ball fest, slide tackles all over the place, constantly shooting from midfield and other nonsense.

Only way to play online is to find some friends or posters here that play legit.

Once people online figure out how to "game" the game, finding a decent online match becomes extremely difficult.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Every online match since then (and I have only played 5 more) has been a lobbed through ball fest, slide tackles all over the place, constantly shooting from midfield and other nonsense.

Only way to play online is to find some friends or posters here that play legit.

Once people online figure out how to "game" the game, finding a decent online match becomes extremely difficult.
Couldn't have said it better myself, and unfortunately it's not going to change anytime soon. The only way to avoid it is, like you said, to find like-minded individuals that aren't going to take advantage of the CPU/AI flaws.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Rookie

I played my first and probably my last online game yesterday since I bought the game on released day. My mistake was that I tried to play football. How dare I tried to play football. That fool high pressure the heck out of me from the start to the end (which is highly unrealistic with just 3 subs). Secondly, whenever he got the ball, he ran to the sideline and cross the ball. Of course that's money. All three freaking goals came from the same freaking tactic. The game does have potential, but I haven't play 10 online games since World Cup 10. I just play career mode, that is getting boring cause my opponents are not scoring enough so I can't lose
Old 10-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

The bad part about OS is that anyone hardly updates their info, so you hardly know who is on which console or platform. I hate playing random people but it also is hard to find people to make friends with even on a site like this.

This year I found out that FUT plays pretty decent in terms of gameplay compared 13's arcade pace fest. I still wouldn't go play some random person meanwhile friendlies in FUT counts just like any other game, you earn coins so you can build a team and such to compete with friends. Key word is, I don't have enough friends to compete against in FUT, especially playing all manual controls (that's another part I'm picky about).

So if you're on XBOX and like manual controls, and want to play around FUT world semi-seriously (since the earnings are limited through friendlies), gimme a shout. XBOX gamertag is right there on my profile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
Just started!

Old man here. Playing video games since the 70s. Love me some sports games and FIFA14 is pretty snazzy (haven't played a soccer video game since Jaleco's version on the NES), but this whole seasons online thing is very frustrating.

I take it there is no means of playing a season with a team offline? Heaven forbid I want to dial down the CPU abilities and dial up my own. I know many purists call this "cheating" but I simply don't have the time to master a video game just to win a few matches.

I am getting absolutely slaughtered in trying to play through a Season with my team. To be fair, I rarely (if ever) play anything other than an FPS game online because all I'm really playing games for is to blow off steam and have some fun. Getting crushed every time I play a game is no fun and only adds to my stress level.

So again I ask, does anyone know of a way to take a team through a season offline? I know the next gen stuff is all about being online all the time, but the playing games online is overrated.

On a PS3 btw, otherwise I would be happy to join hedache and get crushed by a pal.

Thanks y'all for any answers. Just looking for a definitive "no, the only thing you can do in FIFA 14 offline is a exhibition match" or "yes, you just need to change a setting."
Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

If I'm not playing against a friend, I'm playing online seasons.

Love it.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoffline97
Old man here. Playing video games since the 70s. Love me some sports games and FIFA14 is pretty snazzy (haven't played a soccer video game since Jaleco's version on the NES), but this whole seasons online thing is very frustrating.

I take it there is no means of playing a season with a team offline? Heaven forbid I want to dial down the CPU abilities and dial up my own. I know many purists call this "cheating" but I simply don't have the time to master a video game just to win a few matches.

I am getting absolutely slaughtered in trying to play through a Season with my team. To be fair, I rarely (if ever) play anything other than an FPS game online because all I'm really playing games for is to blow off steam and have some fun. Getting crushed every time I play a game is no fun and only adds to my stress level.

So again I ask, does anyone know of a way to take a team through a season offline? I know the next gen stuff is all about being online all the time, but the playing games online is overrated.

On a PS3 btw, otherwise I would be happy to join hedache and get crushed by a pal.

Thanks y'all for any answers. Just looking for a definitive "no, the only thing you can do in FIFA 14 offline is a exhibition match" or "yes, you just need to change a setting."
there is offline seasons, there is career mode, and there is Ultimate team which has many single player options.... just look thru the menus?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »