Home

Can you turn off Coach skills permanently?

This is a discussion on Can you turn off Coach skills permanently? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Can you turn off Coach skills permanently?

Has anyone looked into Coach skills and asked what type of effect it has on gameplay? I think some of these coaching skills could be game breaking…Like one is "Call a timeout to bump all players to Very Hot….? Really? That would basically guarantee the CPU a loss…

I like the ones for recruiting like insta-commit, but ones like "Coachstradamus" that foretells what play the CPU is going to run needs to be turned off.

Is there any way that I can set every coach in the country to have the recruiting ones, but NEVER add the other ones? Like "light a Fire" etc? I guess my question is Do the CPU coaches add the skills as the years progress and if they do, is there any way to stop it?

Last edited by JrueToTheGame; 10-31-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Can you turn off Coach skills permanently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Has anyone looked into Coach skills and asked what type of effect it has on gameplay? I think some of these coaching skills could be game breaking…Like one is "Call a timeout to bump all players to Very Hot….? Really? That would basically guarantee the CPU a loss…

I like the ones for recruiting like insta-commit, but ones like "Coachstradamus" that foretells what play the CPU is going to run needs to be turned off.

Is there any way that I can set every coach in the country to have the recruiting ones, but NEVER add the other ones? Like "light a Fire" etc? I guess my question is Do the CPU coaches add the skills as the years progress and if they do, is there any way to stop it?
Unfortunately, I don't think these features can be customized. Would pretty much have to play NCAAF pre-2014.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the coaching skills setup, but I'm not really sure how much effect they actually have. I'm just now getting to the Coachstradamus area with my coach, so I'm not seeing a ton that's killing the game right now. However, I only play about 2-3 games per season and simulate the remainder, so it doesn't seem as game-changing to me as it may for people who play out every game.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
Pro

I just don't assign my points to anything
Old 11-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Banned

The thing is, I don't think people realize how big a deal it is…When I call timeout in my FSU dynasty and the "Light a Fire" skill activates, the CPU magically can't throw or run the ball, and it's concerning.

Last edited by JrueToTheGame; 11-03-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #6
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Can't you just not assign any skills into the game management tree? If you are using an existing coach make it to the first offseason then reset his skills and only pick ones you don't think help you "cheat" the system.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Can't you just not assign any skills into the game management tree? If you are using an existing coach make it to the first offseason then reset his skills and only pick ones you don't think help you "cheat" the system.
Or dont assign them at all

Just call me Sanchez
Old 11-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well the silly thing is if you really like a skill from a higher tier, you can't activate it without activating a certain number of skills below it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »