Home

FIFA 14 Be A 5 Year Old Mode

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Be A 5 Year Old Mode within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIFA 14 Be A 5 Year Old Mode

I love the idea of Be A Player mode, it's quite fun in NBA 2K and this year's iteration of NHL. Which means it should be AMAZING in FIFA right? Nope. It still sucks.

I start off as 65 overall for Nottingham Forest, a team with a fairly deep pool of strikers, so even though I had 2 goals and 1 assist in my 2 friendly matches, they asked me to go on loan to Oldham in League One.

Cool, don't care, I'll tear this league up, right? WRONG. IT'S PAINFUL TO PLAY IN LEAGUE ONE! There has NEVER been a multiple goal game, and we're lucky to even make it 1-0. We're through 9 games, I have 11 key passes and guess how many assists! ****ING ZERO! I'm the only player on my whole team that's scored a goal in a user game thus far.

In friendlies with Forest against Crystal Palace and Hamburg, the scores were like 3-1 and 2-0. Did no one play test this? Out of the hundred something strong dev team, no one tested this and was like "Wow playing 40 something League One games on loan is going to blow veiny caulk, even on legendary no one scores!"

I play on legendary, 8 minute halves. DO NOT tell me that I need to play 15 minute halves or I'm going to come to your house and let out a harpee scream in your face when you fall asleep tonight. I do not have 4 years to finish a FIFA career mode. Realistically I actually have less than one month, because I will be getting the PS4 with FIFA.....so maybe this rant is not very well warranted (well I mean if League One action in FIFA 14 for PS4 is any good, cuz it looks like that's where I'll end up again).

But it's still annoying. And yes, I do play around with sliders, but I've found that it gives me bad habits and I hate the base game when I play with friends so I'm trying to keep it close to base this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 14 Be A 5 Year Old Mode

It is fifa so the mode is good, but it does need alot of work.

The ai is stupid and always has been, i should not have to tell them to shoot the ball and if they have an open net, why do they shoot it wide 90 % of the time?

This mode needs rebuilt in fifa 15 next gen.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had good experiences with the mode. It's much better than it has been in the past.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

I was loaned to Walsall my first season & Oldham was relegated to FL2 at the close of the season so not the best of teams to be starting out with.

I'm probably the only one who plays as a CB in this mode, but my team score enough to keep me immersed @ 10 minutes halves/default sliders. I did find World Class better than legendary. Seem like my team went into suck mode @ legendary but it could have been form also.

Enjoying the game and this mode a lot especially with custom chants. The fun thing about the lower leagues is that no game is a given. Playing for blackpool in Champ league and just had a good battle (2-1 win) with S***thorpe (league2) in the Cap cup.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofinator
I love the idea of Be A Player mode, it's quite fun in NBA 2K and this year's iteration of NHL. Which means it should be AMAZING in FIFA right? Nope. It still sucks.

I start off as 65 overall for Nottingham Forest, a team with a fairly deep pool of strikers, so even though I had 2 goals and 1 assist in my 2 friendly matches, they asked me to go on loan to Oldham in League One.

Cool, don't care, I'll tear this league up, right? WRONG. IT'S PAINFUL TO PLAY IN LEAGUE ONE! There has NEVER been a multiple goal game, and we're lucky to even make it 1-0. We're through 9 games, I have 11 key passes and guess how many assists! ****ING ZERO! I'm the only player on my whole team that's scored a goal in a user game thus far.

In friendlies with Forest against Crystal Palace and Hamburg, the scores were like 3-1 and 2-0. Did no one play test this? Out of the hundred something strong dev team, no one tested this and was like "Wow playing 40 something League One games on loan is going to blow veiny caulk, even on legendary no one scores!"

I play on legendary, 8 minute halves. DO NOT tell me that I need to play 15 minute halves or I'm going to come to your house and let out a harpee scream in your face when you fall asleep tonight. I do not have 4 years to finish a FIFA career mode. Realistically I actually have less than one month, because I will be getting the PS4 with FIFA.....so maybe this rant is not very well warranted (well I mean if League One action in FIFA 14 for PS4 is any good, cuz it looks like that's where I'll end up again).

But it's still annoying. And yes, I do play around with sliders, but I've found that it gives me bad habits and I hate the base game when I play with friends so I'm trying to keep it close to base this year.
You can PM me for my address for you to come scream in my face because the truth is if you're playing FIFA 14, with 8 min halves, on Legendary, and you want more than just 1-0 games, you're going to need more time. This year the AI is going to make you work.

I've had the game since launch and last week I managed to finish my first season in League 2 with my Virtual Pro playing with 15 min halves, while simultaneously playing GTA V. What I've found is that I able to score more goals because I didn't feel like I had to rush my play. With 8 min halves as soon as I got the ball I knew I had to score immediately because controlled build-up play takes time.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide whether you want to just "get through" the season or if you want to actually enjoy playing through the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »